Shelbys

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
jarvis

Shelbys

Post by jarvis »

I stumbled onto the Los Angeles Shelby American Automobile Club's 9th Annual Tony Sousa Memorial Car Show this morning. It was mind-boggling. Cobras! Classic Mustangs! GT40s! Sunbeam Tigers!

http://www.lasaac.org/

Some folks call it a sling blade, I call it a Kaiser blade.
heviarti

Re: Shelbys

Post by heviarti »

You should watch that video about 'the top ten sports cars trying to kill you'. Number 1 is the Shelby Cobra. It is not a very convenient automobile.
I walked a mile in my enemy's shoes.... And then I stole his shoes.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Wow that must have been something to see.
Always been a Cobra and GT fan. Too bad they didn't make more GT's for the US market.
Love the blue #7 and the green Shelby at the bottom.

In the early 80's our neighbor had a Pantera,it had a 351 Ford engine and the guy said many people thought Ford made the car but they were an Italian company.
Cool car though 8)
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Great rare classics Jeff - thanks for sharing.

Viking, that would be deTomaso

Jim
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

That's the one Jim,they looked pretty cool but I think they were kind of junk.

The De Tomaso Pantera "The car Elvis shot"
I remember watching an old tv program many years ago and some guy was telling the story of Elvis shooting his car when it wouldn't start.
http://www.elvis.com.au/presley/elvis_p ... tjNBQ.dpbs

Elvis has left....bullet holes in his car 8)
jarvis

Post by jarvis »

I'm pretty sure that's a blue Pantera in the far background of the picture with Cobra 7 in the foreground, the 4th picture down.
Some folks call it a sling blade, I call it a Kaiser blade.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

jarvis wrote:I'm pretty sure that's a blue Pantera in the far background of the picture with Cobra 7 in the foreground, the 4th picture down.
Good eye,it sure is. I was too busy looking at #7 8)
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

heviarti wrote:You should watch that video about 'the top ten sports cars trying to kill you'. Number 1 is the Shelby Cobra. It is not a very convenient automobile.
"Convenient" or notness, should it be my fate to die in an auto accident, I would prefer to do it behind the wheel of a Shelby Cobra...
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

JerrBear wrote:
heviarti wrote:You should watch that video about 'the top ten sports cars trying to kill you'. Number 1 is the Shelby Cobra. It is not a very convenient automobile.
"Convenient" or notness, should it be my fate to die in an auto accident, I would prefer to do it behind the wheel of a Shelby Cobra...
I'd like to go in my old 57 Chev, running into the back of a corona truck, throwing me through the back door with just enough life left in me to pop one more cap :lol:
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers