Anticipation

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!

Does waiting for your new knife bother you?

Yes, it drives me nut's!
73%
Only when it's the ol' lady's time-O-the-month!
5%
Not if it's Imitation Horn!
9%
No, I can take it like a Man DAMMIT!
9%
Only when it's a MAMMTOH IVORY DAMASCUS BAYO!
5%

Total votes: 22

Doofus Emeritus
King and Tyrant

Post by Doofus Emeritus »

Mr. Spotlight Kid,

I wonder if Wally used that 'Bone Suckin Sauce' as a lure to get his jolly's. I dont think he really liked the pic, cause he's been pickin on me ever since.

Hey Wally,

Ya need to learn how to close the curtains you sick-o.

Best Regard's,

Bonz
In Search of the Eternal Buzz
the spotlight kid

Post by the spotlight kid »

Hey Bonz,perhaps he used Daves PRIVATE'S Reserve the first time in error!Leading to his sad demise through sponateous combustion!Cheers the spotlight kid :lol:
Doofus Emeritus
King and Tyrant

Mr. Spotlight Kid,

It is obvious he needs to gain a few stones, eh! I had a hard time keeping Herr Schultz away from him at the July 4th endeavour. The only thing he wanted to do was bury him. I found a few Guiness ads which appear to be vintage. What's your take on this one.

Best Regard's

Bonz
the spotlight kid

HIGH BONZ, I just got back from the pub,Been drinkin' Belgium beer and Spanish Brandy.I have poured myself an Absinthe and lit up a COHIBA cigar(my favourite) and have just promised my nephew LEE my good old Ford Granada.I nearly got a real good deal on a XJ6 Jaguar yeaterday but got FUCKED over at the last minute!I have been promised the next good deal though!!!!I think that drinking that much Guinness to be able to perform like the advert, would be like putting the cart before the horse!!!!!I wish I could still perform like that!But not with a HORSE!!Cheers the spotlight kid :lol:
Doofus Emeritus
King and Tyrant

Mr. Spotlight Kid,

A little excitement last night, eh! I'm interested to know what the cause of the commotion was. A Ford Granada in England? I'll bet you have no problem running people off the roads with that friggin tuna boat. I once had a Chrysler Cordoba, really nice, even had that fine Corinthian leather! Then one night Mrs. Bonzo lost it on black ice and plowed it into a big cedar tree. Man that hurt. Theres a mile of space between the passenger seat and the windshield in those things. I just noticed the horse in the pic seems to be a Clydesdale. Could it be that Budweiser has something over on Guinness?

Best Regard's

Bonz
the spotlight kid

Hi Bonz,Sorry for delay in reply but I've been hanging on with my family for my nephews wife to have her baby.It was a bit touch and go for a day or two,but she had a healthy little girl!The mom is a well known newsreader over here and has been inundated with good wishes and clothes and things.So I'm using this as an excuse to get stuck into the Absinthe again.Lets hope I don't get any last minute Suprises tonight!As to what happened the other night,Fuck knows what went on.The windows of the restaurant were kicked out from the inside, though there was no evidence,(so the old bill said)of anybody having been there.They tried to tell me that someone had broken the windows from the outside and pulled the curtains behind to result in all the remaining shards of glass pointing outwards!!I just said "WHY" and they just ignored my observations.The fact that the owners are in Italy for two weeks on holiday,and the fact there were windows at the rear of the building opened,meant nothing to them.So I thought "What the fuck." Last time I bother being a good citizen!I really can't wait to get another Jag,they are the best cars I have had in the past,so much class and comfort!Up in Southwold they still deliver Adnams Beer to your door with a Clydesdale horse and cart.Fucking amazing,AND good beer too!If you get the chance try the Broadside.Strong bitter beer!Hope all is 8) Cheers the spotlight kid.
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

I had a 1951 XK120 roadster back in the 60's. It had a little brass plaque on the dash that said it broke the stock car record - 139+ mph someplace in Belgium in 1949. Wish I hadn't wrecked it.

The Falcon
Doofus Emeritus
King and Tyrant

Mr. Spotlight Kid,

A beer delivery service? Maybe I should start one here. I'd probably go broke if the main special was Milwaukee's Best. I knew you English took your spirits seriously, but, like wow! Shit, we can't even get milk & eggs delivered anymore. I can't even think of a local dairy. It's all a big conglomerate go to the store and get it yourself nowdays. What's the Broadside? I hav'nt seen it yet.

Best Regard's,

Bonz
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

There would be no need for a beer delivery service (SudsEx?) if it was piped in. Talk to your plumber about it.

The Falcon
Zack

Post by Zack »

Lets see... Hot - Cold - Lager... It doesn't get much better than that.
the spotlight kid

Hi Bonz,the Broadside is a strongish bitter beer.Very tasty and after a few you feel like you have received a broadside!Best on draught but very acceptable in half pint bottles too.They (ADNAMS of SOUTHWOLD) do a really nice summer beer called Regatta.Very light in colour and hoppy tasting.Great on an English summer evening outside a little country pub,with the sun going down and the birds singing......I was drifting off again then. :D Cheers the spotlight kid
Greyblade

Post by Greyblade »

Spotlight,

Whenever I travel to Merrye Olde, I usually drink John Courage Director's Bitter. I like the sound of the "Director's" part:

Turn off the LIGHTS!
Shut down the CAMERA!
I'm now out of ACTION!

Yep.

Greyblade
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Spotlight,

I travel to Merrey Olde sometimes (Chester area) and sample (and sample and sample) the many fine bitters that are available. Unfortunately, bitters don't seem to be widely available in the USA

Jim
the spotlight kid

Mr.Greyblade,that Directors bitter is pretty tasty.I have been known to sink a few of those myself! Mr. Jim,it would be good if you could time your visit to accomodate one of the numerous Real Ale festivals we have in the summer months.I can promise you a good night or two of sampling at one of these events!There are so many different bitters and mild beers you would be hard pushed to get through half of them.And then there are the Ciders,with names to match their ferocity like Gibbons Strangler, coming in at 9% plus!They hold my local one in a huge barn out of town, with a free bus service back and forth.They used to hold it in the park in the centre of town, convenient for me, but not popular with the other residents! :roll: Cheers the spotlight kid.
Greyblade

Post by Greyblade »

Spotlight,

Scrumpy. :wink:

Greyblade