Anticipation

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!

Does waiting for your new knife bother you?

Yes, it drives me nut's!
73%
Only when it's the ol' lady's time-O-the-month!
5%
Not if it's Imitation Horn!
9%
No, I can take it like a Man DAMMIT!
9%
Only when it's a MAMMTOH IVORY DAMASCUS BAYO!
5%

Total votes: 22

the spotlight kid

Post by the spotlight kid »

Mr.Greybade, I love Scrumpy.They say they test it by hanging a piece of bacon in the barrel and when they pull out the string and the bacon has dissolved,IT'S READY.Other people have reported finding little claws in their glass, supposed to be evidence,and the only remains, of the odd rat that has got in the barrel!! :lol: Cheers the spotlight kid.
Greyblade

Post by Greyblade »

Spotlight,

I've been in pubs where they say that they won't sell scrumpy because it causes too many fights. :evil: I've also been to private farms where the owners make there own. :twisted: That has got to be the finest home-brew concoction that I have ever tasted. Rather than making me belligerent, it usually makes me break out into song. :roll: This makes the people with whom I am sharing the scrumpy grumpy. :x There have been no fights, however. Just remonstrations too slurred to understand. One definitely needs a designated driver along when scrumpy is the drink of choice. Thank you, John Bull! :!:

Greyblade
the spotlight kid

Post by the spotlight kid »

Hi Bonz, I just found out that a friend of mine is buying my local!Could be dangerous!I live about one minute stagger away from the pub but it could take me hours to get home once he is installed there!What should I do?!!! :wink: Cheers the spotlight kid. 8)
Doofus Emeritus
King and Tyrant

Post by Doofus Emeritus »

Mr. Spotlight Kid,

I'd say you better get a liver check-up now and another in 6 months to see if the damage is any worse. Then, pack the joint with all kinds of loose women and see if ya can make a buck or two, or should I say a pound or two. I'm sure ol' Reggie will be happy regardless. Got any new brew's for me to try out?

Best Regard's,

Bonz
In Search of the Eternal Buzz
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

Spotlight,

Install an electric winch at home and attach it with a steel cable to the designer harness that you'll be wearing to the pub. That way you can be retrieved (conscious or unconscious) with a simple push of a button.

The Falcon
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Speaking of anticipation. Just won this beautiful custom. I'll be sweating bullets till i receive it.
http://130.94.72.1/cgi-bin/osa/ViewPage ... ber=637104
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
Doofus Emeritus
King and Tyrant

Mr. Razor,

Yes, the art of anticipation awaits. Drink heavily and hope they got your address correct. Nice knife.

Best Regard's,

Bonz
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Thanks Bonz.....
Just received confirmation of shipment with insurance of cousre.. :wink: Getting started on a new bottle of JD's and plenty of ice, here goes..
~RAZOR~
Doofus Emeritus
King and Tyrant

Mr. Razor,

That has to be one of the nicest shell pullers I've seen. Nice file work as well. I'm interested to know how that top lever works. JD is a camping drink for me. If I drink that stuff around the house, I get all stupid and fall down on everything. At least out in the woods theres not much to break.

Best Regard's,

Bonz
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Keep you guys updated, when i receive it. The wait is killing me...
~RAZOR~
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

Razor,

If the wait kills you, can I have it?

The Falcon
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Falcon..I think that will be the only way. They will have to pry this one from my cold dead fingers...
Why is it that a lot of sellers on BA, frown on shipments to Canada? I have done business with a few and some just don't want to know anything about us knife nuts up in Canada.
~RAZOR~
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I think one thing that scares sellers is Canadian Customs has a reputation for being very dedicated and taking their job seriously. Unlike large companies small dealers can't afford to re-ship for free if Customs gets the "goodies'. Also frequently an auction item is a "one of a kind" that can't be replaced at any [resonable] price. It's understandable that some sellers are reluctant to risk losing items and cause disappointment at the same time. Also it's not just Canada many sellers don't do any non-U.S. sales.
Some sellers WILL do such sales with the understanding that once it's mailed the buyer is at the mercy of HIS Customs dept.
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

You're probably right, Vagrant...But to consider Canadian Customs as dedicated, that i'm not to sure about. I have dealt with a few of them and they were real ass holes..
I'm just hoping that they don't give me to much problems..I personally think that the US customs does a better job. I just hope that one day they decide to open the doors between our countries...
~RAZOR~
Doofus Emeritus
King and Tyrant

Mr. Vagrant,
Mr. Razor,

I see that box cutters are still legal in the USA (and Canada). For the life of me, I cannot think of one single crime ever committed where a switchblade knife was the focal point in the deaths of over 3,000 innocent civilians in one day. Just thought I'd add that one in.

Best Regard's,

Bonz