Google Android smart tv

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Google Android smart tv

Post by JerrBear »

Does anyone have the Google Android smart tv media center with hdmi or is familiar as to how it works?

I've done a search but not being a computer person (or especially brightness) I don't understand much of what I've read.

I recently discovered that Microsoft is no longer selling the hardware for WebTV or MSNTV2 (which is what I have now) and the service is getting progressively worse, so I figure my days as a lowly "Bottom Feeder" are pretty much numbered.

Short of going the computer route again times, I am considering this... I LIKE the idea of the monitor being across the room as opposed to being right in front of my face.

"Technical Specifications

Operating System: Google Android 2.3
1.2GHz Processor Speed
System RAM: DDR III 512MB
WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
HDMI out put up to 1080p"

This is all GREEK to me. Any information will be greatly appreciated...
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
catavengercaptain

Re: Google Android smart tv

Post by catavengercaptain »

I am not techy enough to know how but it's possible to hook a regular computer to a TV then you could sit acrossed the room with a wireless keyboard & mouse to use it. http://compnetworking.about.com/od/cons ... -pc-tv.htm
Chrisadamley

Post by Chrisadamley »

i was just going to suggest that cat. Is there a reason you dont like computers? if its just the you want it on your tv issue...you can hook almost any computer up to your Tv. That is very handy.
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Thanks guys, but I tried the computer-to-TV thingy over a year ago. Didn't work! The standard text size was too small for me to read. When I increased the size to where it was readable it moved much of the text right off the sides of the screen. Not only that but the lines were so far apart scrolling the cursor took almost forever and wore-out my wrist... Was also difficult to center the cursor onna icons and links...
JerrBear
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

ryanjohnson wrote:Google is old but very popular site and google all services is amazing for personal use. Google Android smart tv is the best for online tv watching. Android phones in google tv is nice services provide. i like Google Android smart tv.
Google Android Smart TV NOT for watch TV - Is for watch Internet on TV...

Are you TROLL?
JerrBear
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Troll
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

whippersnapper wrote:Troll
Nice workness, Mr. Whipper!

I'm contacting Mr. Arthas immediately about giving you a substantial raise... :P HO! HO! :P
JerrBear
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Mr. JerrBeer,

Try replacing the tubes in your TV with colour tubes. Then you'll see Lassie's mane in all her splendour.

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Bonzo wrote:Mr. JerrBeer,

Try replacing the tubes in your TV with colour tubes. Then you'll see Lassie's mane in all her splendour.
Misser Bongo,

Colour TV? They have colour TV nowness? You're funnin' me, right? Next, I suppose you will try to tell me they have telephones without wires!
JerrBear
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

JerrBear wrote:
Bonzo wrote:Mr. JerrBeer,

Misser Bongo,

Colour TV? They have colour TV nowness? You're funnin' me, right? Next, I suppose you will try to tell me they have telephones without wires!
Next he's going to tell us they sell water for 3 bucks a bottle. :lol:
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

JerrBear wrote: I recently discovered that Microsoft is no longer selling the hardware for WebTV or MSNTV2 (which is what I have now) and the service is getting progressively worse, so I figure my days as a lowly "Bottom Feeder" are pretty much numbered.
Looks like The Bear is a jimpin' Prophet. MSNTV is shutting down in twice days (Sept. 30th).

I'm really BUMMED OUTNESS!

Has anyone had any personal experience with the Google Android Smart TV system? It sounds like what I need, but I would hate to spend $300+ buck dollars only to find out it's notness...
JerrBear
heviarti

Post by heviarti »

What they do have are android based set top boxes, shock basically give you an android tablet/smartphone with your TV as a display. A Bluetooth keyboard and mouse later, and basically you have webTV.
I walked a mile in my enemy's shoes.... And then I stole his shoes.
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

heviarti wrote:What they do have are android based set top boxes, shock basically give you an android tablet/smartphone with your TV as a display. A Bluetooth keyboard and mouse later, and basically you have webTV.
Thanks for your tip, Mr. Hevi, but I don't have cell phone service and at this stage in my life, I see no pressing reason to get it.

I have ordered something called "THE HDTV TO SMART TV CONVERTER" from Hammacher Schlemmer. From the description in their catalog it sounds like just what I'm looking for. Should be here sometime this week.

It's been 3 weeks now since I have had MSNTV and I've still got the "Heebie Jeebies." :P HO! HO! :P
JerrBear
heviarti

Post by heviarti »

The device relies on WiFi, not cell service. http://www.phonearena.com/news/This-is- ... ce_id38287. There are all kinds of devices like this.
I walked a mile in my enemy's shoes.... And then I stole his shoes.
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

heviarti wrote:The device relies on WiFi, not cell service. http://www.phonearena.com/news/This-is- ... ce_id38287. There are all kinds of devices like this.
:oops: Just shows you how "techie" I am :oops:
I have no idea what means "Jelly-Bean."

Thanks for the link, Mr. Hevi - That looks like what I'm after. I would definitely want to get a standard-size, wireless keyboard anna RAT (or whatever you call that thing that moves the little arrow around). I will keep this in mind iff'n the thing I ordered doesn't work outness...
JerrBear