Laid-Off

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Blackjack
Everytime you pick up the paper it's bad news this company is closing,that one is laying off,the other one is moving out of state. The truth is the Economy sucks and it's going to continue to suck and if one bad thing happens it'e really going to suck. Your mistake was you didn't go work for Dick Cheneys Halliburton where they are charging the US triple the cost of gas they bring out of Iraq. This is being done right in front of us no magic tricks by a company that our own vice president sat on the board. At least some legislators are speaking up and want 10 billion back from Iraq. Why should that fall on the US taxpayers when once the oil wells have been fixed it will be a very rich country while Jamochas like you and me foot the bill and see no viable return. These are some crazy times we live in. I'll bet a good percentage of Bush supporters have changed there tune as they watch this country go down the tubes. His own father can't stand the way he is wrecking this country.I hope your company stays afloat Blackjack
PB
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

Thanks PB, and your absolutely right.
blackjack
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

I'm no Jamochas! :?
What the heck is a Jamochas anyway?
I collect springblades but I carry my "thumbers."
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Falcon
Jamoca is the same as maroon, peckerhead, nitwit etc
PB
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

Pushbutton wrote:Falcon
Jamoca is the same as maroon, peckerhead, nitwit etc
PB
Oh, then maybe I am one. :?
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Maybe if we LOST a war just once someone would rebuild our economy!
[Yeah sure].
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

A BIG thank you to all for the support. The posts in this thread are the proverbial tip of the iceberg. I had to edit my inbox to prevent it from becoming full due to the number of heartwarming PM's I received. Apparently at least several of us have been downsizing victims, and have managed to emerge for the better. It is nice to be part of a forum where folks actually care.

Jim
daddyloko

Post by daddyloko »

Vagrant, we lost two wars! Korea and Vietnam...All we got in return were more mouths to feed and more hate toward Americans!
Imagine how each state could benefit weekly from all the money that's pumped into one week while occupying Iraq.
It's suppose to be "To the victor goes the spoils". Why the hell we can't liberate an oil well for each state is B.S. Must be because were not the victors.
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

abe,

We've never lost a war - Korea was a stalemate and we got the Silver Medal for finishing second in Viet Nam. :?
The aftermath of 9/11 is going to last for decades. Afganistan and Iraq were just a good start - now we have to flip a coin and decide whether Syria or Iran is next! :x
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

You haven't lost until you surrender, get occupied, and get the winner to rebuild your country and your economy. Look what we did for the ones we beat.
Stone Knife

Post by Stone Knife »

I knew this would happen, too.

I knew as soon as it came down to Florida that the economy was going to hit a rocket sled to hades, and sure enough it did.

Until we have an administration with a domestic policy... M.O.S.!