Be kind to your PC!

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Be kind to your PC!

Post by JerrBear »

Russian Chess Grandmaster and world chess champion, Garry Kasparov, was defeated by IMB's supercomputer "Deep Blue" in 1997.

Last night on JEAPORDY former JEAPORDY champions, Ken Jennings and Brad Rutter, were soundly trounced by another IBM supercomputer, Watson.

How long can it be before they figure out that they don't need we inferior humans at all? Do you want your PC pissed at you when that happens? Something to ponder...
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
dark2023

Re: Be kind to your PC!

Post by dark2023 »

I seriously considered posting a topic on this, this morning, after I had finished watching it. He beat them by more than double.
Russian Chess Grandmaster and world chess champion, Garry Kasparov, was defeated by IMB's supercomputer "Deep Blue" in 1997.
Well, the second time, he beat it the first time.
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

dark2023 wrote: Well, the second time, he beat it the first time.
Trueness.

Betcha "Deep Blue" couldn't have beaten Bobby Fischer!
JerrBear
heviarti

Post by heviarti »

If you watched that game you saw in the last Final Jeopardy the fellow on the left wrote 'I for one welcome our new computer overlords' along with his question.
I walked a mile in my enemy's shoes.... And then I stole his shoes.
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Anyone interested in a HAL9000?
catavengercaptain

Post by catavengercaptain »

Image I put in a Hal Icon on my desktop to open the computer harddrive.
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

I'[m probably the only person from my generation who has seen Stanley Kubrick's: 2001 A Space Odyssey
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
missaman

Post by missaman »

"I am sorry dave I cannot do that"
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

dark2023 wrote: I'm probably the only person from my generation who has seen Stanley Kubrick's: 2001 A Space Odyssey
Mr. dark2023,

I found a kid in Bozeman, Montana who has seen it TWICE times! Also, there is a report of a teenager in China who has claimed to have seen a pirated copy dubbed in Chinese, but this has not been confirmed... :P HO! HO! :P
JerrBear
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

I'm probably the only person from my generation who has seen Stanley Kubrick's: 2001 A Space Odyssey
Mr. dark2023,

I found a kid in Bozeman, Montana who has seen it TWICE times! Also, there is a report of a teenager in China who has claimed to have seen a pirated copy dubbed in Chinese, but this has not been confirmed... :P HO! HO! :P
Hmmm, I think I'll watch it 2 more times and then see if the Guiness Book of World Records will accept me.