if you thought "Eugene" was bad....

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
heviarti

if you thought "Eugene" was bad....

Post by heviarti »

Ever thought you had a dorky name? Like Egbert, or Eugene or something? Well, try living a day as this kid:
Attachments
batman_bin_suparman.jpg
batman_bin_suparman.jpg (43.62 KiB) Viewed 4705 times
I walked a mile in my enemy's shoes.... And then I stole his shoes.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Re: if you thought "Eugene" was bad....

Post by Vagrant »

:lol:
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Mr. Batman:lol:
Last edited by Viking45 on Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Viking45 wrote:Not sure if this one is real but I read something a while back that Asian men and women were using common words of the English language as names.
Don't know about that, haven't seem many guys named Asphalt or Refrigerator. I do know that many Asians newly come to this country often pick common European names so as to help them fit in and not be a source of embarrassment to those who would have trouble pronouncing their true names. Not a bad idea. My mechanic is named Johann and hails from Thailand.
turbo_dog

Post by turbo_dog »

Check this out:
http://deadspin.com/5708610/this-is-how ... s-his-name
(click on the document inside the link to get a full-sized view)

the guy changed his name to Captain Awesome!

My favorite part is that his official signature is now this:
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Real or not, many countries, DO expect RACE to be on Identity cards :wink:
Strongleft

Post by Strongleft »

Pretty dumb. Javanese is a nationality, not a race.
redeye

Post by redeye »

people do name their kids some strange names ,my daughter was having one of her kids and there was a girl there too that named her little girl "FEMALE" pronounced fa=maall -ee when she was asked where she got the name her answer was "it was on the bracelet the hospital put on her" that "bracelet " was to keep up with male and "female" babies I bout peed myself till i heard the next one that had named her child after a name she saw in a pamphlet about STDs her name is naw "VAGINA" thats right she is called VA-GEEN-A I saw on the price is right one day they called out fro "AQUANETTA JONES" imagine being named after some hairspray lol its a strange world we live in.
I am the KING of LATAMA collectors HAHAHAHAHAHAHA {EVIL LAUGH}
heviarti

Post by heviarti »

redeye wrote:people do name their kids some strange names ,my daughter was having one of her kids and there was a girl there too that named her little girl "FEMALE" pronounced fa=maall -ee when she was asked where she got the name her answer was "it was on the bracelet the hospital put on her" that "bracelet " was to keep up with male and "female" babies I bout peed myself till i heard the next one that had named her child after a name she saw in a pamphlet about STDs her name is naw "VAGINA" thats right she is called VA-GEEN-A I saw on the price is right one day they called out fro "AQUANETTA JONES" imagine being named after some hairspray lol its a strange world we live in.

I always heard the joke as a daughter named "suh-phyllis" (Syphilis). However, during my youth in Cali I met many a young urban lady with a singular and barely pronounceable name.
I walked a mile in my enemy's shoes.... And then I stole his shoes.
turbo_dog

Post by turbo_dog »

I had a friend whose wife taught at an inner city school. He told me she had a student whose name was pronounced "sha-THEED". I don't think I can type it the way it was actually spelled without getting trouble with the mods, but it was similar to "spit head". I still don't believe someone would do that, be swore it was true.

There was a kid that went to school where my kids went named Dijonnaisse.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Some parents, shouldn't be parents :idea:
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Back when my daughter was born (she is 24 now), I was talking to a friend who was a pediatrician and worked sometimes at the same hospital where my daughter was. She told me that about the time my daughter was born, she was there checking on an infant girl and they were about to release the child and mother (no father was involved). The mother hadn't named the baby and my friend reminded her that it was a legal requirement that the baby be named before they were released from the hospital. The mom picked up the clipboard from her bedside, looked at it, looked at my friend, and said that the baby's name was "you-reen" As for the spelling, right from the clipboard - "urine"

Jim
KMNREMTP

Post by KMNREMTP »

lemonjello and orangejello were twins. pronounced limahnjehllo and orahnjehllo. Nosmo King was named after a sign 'no smoking'
catavengercaptain

Post by catavengercaptain »

I think I would rather be named Nosmo King than something like "Urine." :roll:
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

My girlfriend is a middle school art teacher and she had three students,two brothers and one sister with unusual names.
One boy was named Thunder Bird,the other was Silver Hawk and the girl was Pegasus.
Now these would not be so strange had they been Native American but their folks were hippies.
My gf told me the mother was a beautiful young woman with waist-long hair and wore long tie-dye skirts,tank tops,lots of beads and always came to the school in bare feet.
The dad was the same with bell bottoms,ragged at the bottom,home-made sandals and wore beads and a head band. 8)