Some of your "other" hobbies?

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
sandbar

Re: Some of your "other" hobbies?

Post by sandbar »

[quote="Jeff_75"]I've actually made thousands of dollars with this stuff selling my collection over time.
The first one is signed by George Lucas as well as the stars pictured + COA
An extra storage shed holds most of my figures, this is a small portion. Mint condition I never open them and they're stored or encased in plastic or acryllic etc.. all these are just the stormtrooper / clone troopers. a very small part of my collection.

nice collection jeff. I am a collector of such items. I will take pics one day and share. I have over 100 figures, few vehicles and misc items etc....

nice stuff --love the wall hangers.
Results are directly driven, by the work that is done.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Anything to do with guns. I enjoy reading about the history,ballistics,reloading,shooting etc.
I am not a hunter but I am not opposed to the idea. I enjoy eating elk,moose,deer and a friend of mine is going to bring some pheasant next time he goes hunting.I've not had it yet.
Again not much of a fisherman but I love to eat fish,all kinds from fresh to saltwater.

I build small furniture pieces such as night stands,end tables,chairs and may get into display cases eventually. I use red oak most of the time,it's durable and I am used to the way it works.
Leather is another hobby,I have made rifle slings,guitar straps,knife sheaths,belts and a few years ago my girlfriend's-friend asked if I could make her some leather thong sandals and so I have made about 10 pairs through the years,kind of a "hippie-style".
I draw and airbrush on occassion.

I also collect antique tools such as axe/hatchets,old sledgehammer heads,wood working tools anything Winchester(I only have two items)they are extremely hard to find.
One of my favorite things to do in my spare time is throwing axes. Gransfors Bruks (Sweden) and Oxhead (Germany) are my favorites. I have not thrown the Tuatahi (New Zealand),they are supposed to be awsome.

I also collect bottle openers and would love to have some from where a lot of you guys live.
If you come across one with a pub name or local brewery I would be happy to buy it from you.
Or any unusual opener for that matter.

I like Czech beer,Staropramen,Pilsner Urquell and Krusovice.
Love music,anything from Dean Martin to Opeth. Don't listen to music as much as I used to.

And motorcycles are my passion. Like with my guns,I like them all,old,new,chopper,tour,street,dirt doesn't matter. Vintage Bultaco,Montesa,Maico,Honda,BMW,Norton,BSA,Triumph and Vincent are always cool.
I may be buying a Honda XR650L,can't wait. Of course I like Harley's too.
sandbar

Post by sandbar »

I also like to view this forum. DOH!
Results are directly driven, by the work that is done.
xlr8

Post by xlr8 »

I may be buying a Honda XR650L,can't wait. Of course I like Harley's too
I used to own an XR650l. Great bike. I have an '05 DRZ 400s with only 700 miles in great condition. Send me a PM if interested. Personally, I found the 650L to be a bit of a pig riding trails. I've had lots of dualsport bikes over the years and my all time favorite was the KTM LC4 640. I used to convert dirtbikes before they changed the laws in Georgia. :roll:
Oh God, that knife has a spring in it!! Everybody RUN!!!!!
Knife Crazied

Post by Knife Crazied »

I love to fish, read, and collect John Deere and 2pac stuff. I love my country music but I also like the 90's Gangster rap.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

I have had a lot of dual purpose bikes,mostly Honda so I am used to them and always found them reliable and held up nicely.
I bought a bran new 79 XL250 with the 23" front tire :lol: ,pretty good ole bike though.
I had a blast on that thing.
The KTM's are super-nice bikes,expensive but what isn't these days?
Your DRZ sounds awsome but I prefer the suspension of the XR a little better.
Is yours the yellow or blue one?
xlr8 wrote:
I may be buying a Honda XR650L,can't wait. Of course I like Harley's too
I used to own an XR650l. Great bike. I have an '05 DRZ 400s with only 700 miles in great condition. Send me a PM if interested. Personally, I found the 650L to be a bit of a pig riding trails. I've had lots of dualsport bikes over the years and my all time favorite was the KTM LC4 640. I used to convert dirtbikes before they changed the laws in Georgia. :roll:
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

tr4252 wrote:I like women a lot
Mr. TR,

A most expensive and time consuming hobby. It is however, a necessity.

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
xlr8

Post by xlr8 »

I have had a lot of dual purpose bikes,mostly Honda so I am used to them and always found them reliable and held up nicely.
I bought a bran new 79 XL250 with the 23" front tire ,pretty good ole bike though.
I had a blast on that thing.
The KTM's are super-nice bikes,expensive but what isn't these days?
Your DRZ sounds awsome but I prefer the suspension of the XR a little better.
Is yours the yellow or blue one?
Hondas are great and you can almost run one with no oil in it and it'll survive. Easy to find parts...I completely understand. KTM's...Man, the KTM's are some sweet rides. All of mine (LC4 640, LC4 400, RXC 620, 300 EXC) have all been nothing short of outstanding. I've horse traded most of these past bikes. None bought new. I'll have to see if I can scan and post a B/W 35mm of my street legal 2-stroke 300. You'll get a kick outta that, if I can get it up here. :wink: BTW, the DRZ is yellow.
tr4252 wrote:
I like women a lot

Mr. TR,

A most expensive and time consuming hobby. It is however, a necessity.

Best regards,

Bonz
Ain't that the truth! :roll:
Oh God, that knife has a spring in it!! Everybody RUN!!!!!
ecustomknife.com

Post by ecustomknife.com »

I like old Hifi also.
Collect Old Sugden Class A equipment.
fmg
http://www.eCustomKnife.com
You design it & we engrave it...just for you
Online design custom laser engraved knives
muskrat man

Post by muskrat man »

most things sharp and pointy, or have to do with them including forums, designing, shooting, sharpening ect ect.

Other than that I like:
reading
writing
(no not arithmetic)
archery
catapultry
drawing
Music (loooove music)
making things out of next to nothing
fixing whatevers broke
sometimes fixing things that aren't broke
photography (to an extent)
Hunting and fishing should have been at the top of the list instead the bottom :roll:

Did ya like that? Pleeenty more here (I would suggest getting a fresh cup of coffee and a few more doughnuts before proceeding ;)) :
http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e340/ ... r/?start=0
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Wow !
Your pics are as varied as mine :idea:
http://public.fotki.com/DasVagrant/
omega

Post by omega »

I breed and collect tarantulas. Definately provokes the "ewwww" response from most folks, especially women.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

omega wrote:I breed and collect tarantulas. Definately provokes the "ewwww" response from most folks, especially women.
I think that's very cool. Is it true tarantulas can live for 20/25 years?
omega

Post by omega »

Viking45 wrote:
omega wrote:I breed and collect tarantulas. Definately provokes the "ewwww" response from most folks, especially women.
I think that's very cool. Is it true tarantulas can live for 20/25 years?
Perhaps in the wild, but I can't seem to get my captive ones to go beyond 5-8 years. They are very finicky about temperature and humidity.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

whippersnapper wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:04 pm I like to pee in the shower. :mrgreen:
Me to.
2024 candidate for president