...I'm trying to be honest...

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
The Tourist

...I'm trying to be honest...

Post by The Tourist »

One of the things I believe in is that a man's word is truly his bond. If a man cannot be believed, all of the contracts, court actions and death threats will not make any difference to him.

And I also believe that people act as they are treated. I do not have PayPal. If someone wants a knife, or one sharpened, I ship it with an invoice. In +15 years I have only lost six dollars.

So now it's my turn to put up or shut up, I owe a man some money. Yikes.

If anyone knows about the little bedroom community of Sun Prairie (right outside Madison) then you'll also know that the city tore up the entire main street--all of the way from the first off ramp to the center of town. They ripped up everything down to bare earth!

Over the last few days we have had continuous rain, and the one-lane road is now a stretch of mud and potholes. And of course, this is exactly where my personal bank resides.

I have an F-150, and with a little nudge from 4WD, I get to the bank--and back out.

But when I get to the other man's bank, I see a huge dumpster outside. His bank is being remodeled.

I walk up to a teller, giving him the man's account number and the cash. The teller slides the money back.

It turns out that a repairman with a sawzall cut through a wall--and severed the complete set of computer lines and coaxial cables, every one of them.

I went the next day, hoping the man would believe me.

I tell this story one reason. I owe him more money, and I'm not going through this again! The moment the weather turned sunny and the roads started to dry, I sped to my bank and glommed onto the cash!

Of course with my luck, the same workman is going to severe the cables again trying to fix the hole in the wall...