Paul Newman Tribute

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Wray1958

Paul Newman Tribute

Post by Wray1958 »

We have lost a true icon and a great human being. Butch Cassidy, Hud, The Hustler, Cool Hand Luke, The list goes on. Slapshot is one of the funniest movies ever and you do not even have to be a hockey fan to enjoy it. To date Newmans Own food products have raised over $250 Million for charities. Unlike other Hollywood celebrities , I have never heard a bad thing about the man. Paul also built The Hole In The Wall Gang, A place for ill children. Certainly a one of a kind, he will be missed. :cry:
--J

Re: Paul Newman Tribute

Post by --J »

-------------
Last edited by --J on Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Yep, enjoyed his movies and he seemed like a down to earth guy.
Veech

Post by Veech »

Wray1958 wrote:We have lost a true icon and a great human being. Butch Cassidy, Hud, The Hustler, Cool Hand Luke, The list goes on. Slapshot is one of the funniest movies ever and you do not even have to be a hockey fan to enjoy it. To date Newmans Own food products have raised over $250 Million for charities. Unlike other Hollywood celebrities , I have never heard a bad thing about the man. Paul also built The Hole In The Wall Gang, A place for ill children. Certainly a one of a kind, he will be missed. :cry:
Truly one of the good guys. It seemed like he never really let Hollywood get to him. Class act... :cry:
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

it is a sad, sad day in hollywierd :cry: :cry: :cry:

tryker
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

Ditto on all counts, it took me a long time to find him in Hemingway's Adventures of a Young Man.
Take Care
blackjack
'...I'm warning you...if you say Jehovah once more...'
'Women are experts at finding a man's faults and then constantly reminding him of them'
redeye

Post by redeye »

"im shaking the bushes boss,im shaking the bushes"
I am the KING of LATAMA collectors HAHAHAHAHAHAHA {EVIL LAUGH}
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

To me his two best movies were The Hustler and Hud, both black and white. Butch Cassidy was excellent as well but on a different plane.

Years ago he was asked why he became an actor. His response was that it was the only profession that did not preclude his drinking beer. A regular guy.
Vanagas

Post by Vanagas »

Haven't seen all his flicks, but haven't seen one yet I didn't like. He was a great actor and a fine human being. He will be missed.
Mike