Where's Da Luv?

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Vanagas

Where's Da Luv?

Post by Vanagas »

Hey guys I've made over 1500 posts, mostly all saying something like: Wow that's a nice knife you have there. So how come I catch a bunch of shit when I don't particularly like one? There has been what....maybe 5 or 6 knives I questioned the value or quality of?

Do I attack the owner? Direct insults at him? No I do not. I also do not let these individuals bait me into returning the insults. Now it seems some would like to take the forum to an all time low.

Are we now to tolerate personal attacks and outright threats here? This place is getting downright ugly.

If somebody has taken what I said personally, they need to read the post again. I am just here to have fun and learn. If anything I said was taken wrong I certainly apologize. Overall this is a good bunch of guys and would not do anything intentionally to piss any of you off.
Mike
whippersnapper

Re: Where's Da Luv?

Post by whippersnapper »

Mike, I'll be honest. Sometimes you suffer from "foot in mouth disease". Probably not a shock to you because I doubt it started when you joined here. :lol:

Not meant to hurt your feelings, but you asked for comments. I think you are a good guy who speaks your mind and has your own opinions.

That said, I rub people wrong too. I say things I shouldn't (probably just did :lol: ). I'm not always nice and I have a low tolerance for stupidity. I voice my opinion even when I know it might not be popular. Sometimes I am even wrong. :wink:
Desktop

Post by Desktop »

whippersnapper wrote: Sometimes I am even wrong. :wink:
No, whippersnapper, you were never wrong - just mistaken!
lol:)
butch

Post by butch »

Mike,those who know you know that you are a good guy, but some statements made can be and are taken the wrong way not just those made by "you" but everyone in general,an example is that issue with redeye over the knew schrade autos.
I know redeye is a "clown" :P so I knew the comment was all in fun from the vibes you put out it seems you took them seriously,maybe Im wrong.
Veech

Post by Veech »

Vanagas wrote:Hey guys I've made over 1500 posts, mostly all saying something like: Wow that's a nice knife you have there. So how come I catch a bunch of shit when I don't particularly like one? There has been what....maybe 5 or 6 knives I questioned the value or quality of?

Do I attack the owner? Direct insults at him? No I do not. I also do not let these individuals bait me into returning the insults. Now it seems some would like to take the forum to an all time low.

Are we now to tolerate personal attacks and outright threats here? This place is getting downright ugly.

If somebody has taken what I said personally, they need to read the post again. I am just here to have fun and learn. If anything I said was taken wrong I certainly apologize. Overall this is a good bunch of guys and would not do anything intentionally to piss any of you off.
I'm sure you are really a nice guy. I really think the only issue you may have is not agreeing with me more... :)
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Mr. Vanagas,

Don't take it personally. The knife world can be somewhat brutal, but thats what keeps me hanging around here as well as all these groovy blades.

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Mr. Vanna,

I don't think you are a bad guy - I think you just have a god-given knack for phrasing things inna way that pisses people offness... :wink:
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

JerrBear wrote:Mr. Vanna,

I don't think you are a bad guy - I think you just have a god-given knack for phrasing things inna way that pisses people offness... :wink:

Mr Jerrbear:

You say that like it's a bad thing :lol:

SD
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

stepdaddy wrote:
JerrBear wrote:Mr. Vanna,

Mr Jerrbear:

You say that like it's a bad thing :lol:

SD
There's a difference ya know, you always knew which people to piss off :wink:
teq
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
Vanagas

Post by Vanagas »

I know that I piss people off. That is because I have zero tolerance for lies and BS. Unfortunately everything I read or see on TV is one sided and people seem to think the average human is too stupid to figure it out......oh wait that is true.

I didn't think my comment about redeye was particularly harsh. First he sez he should buy more of them. Then he does the cheerleader routine: get them now folks, before it's too late. I honestly don't see any purpose to that thread other than to drive demand for personal profit. If not his, than somebody he knows. If that is not true, perhaps I owe him an apology. In light of the passaround debacle is it a surprise that I might wonder about him?
Mike
butch

Post by butch »

I think he was just having fun keeping track of their sale to see just how fast they do sell a few people wondered just how good they would sell for the price they were asking for them,obviously many people thought the price was right.
butch

Post by butch »

aw jeez,just re-read the post,here come the "bob barker" jokes. :roll: :lol:
Veech

Post by Veech »

butch wrote:aw jeez,just re-read the post,here come the "bob barker" jokes. :roll: :lol:
"Come on down!!" :lol: :lol:
redeye

Post by redeye »

Vanagas wrote:I know that I piss people off. That is because I have zero tolerance for lies and BS. Unfortunately everything I read or see on TV is one sided and people seem to think the average human is too stupid to figure it out......oh wait that is true.

I didn't think my comment about redeye was particularly harsh. First he sez he should buy more of them. Then he does the cheerleader routine: get them now folks, before it's too late. I honestly don't see any purpose to that thread other than to drive demand for personal profit. If not his, than somebody he knows. If that is not true, perhaps I owe him an apology. In light of the passaround debacle is it a surprise that I might wonder about him?
as for personal profit on these knives i am now exactly three hundred and fifty dollars in the red. i do have a great knife but it is NOT for sale so it is basically worthless as far as capital gains are concerned.as for doing cheer leaders i did some in high school so i am guilty of that one too.as for purpose of thar thred,it was done in the spirit of fun and collecting the rare and hard to get,so that covers that.as for "someone I know" and their personal profit.well there were 31 knives made and sold so thats 31 times 350 is 10,850 bucks. not a lotta money or as they are called here "buck dollars" {which i kinda like} in the grand scheme of things what do ya think it cost to set uo tooling and gather raw materials and pay someone to produce 31 knives for a super small very limited run? i bet the profit margin aint a whole lot huh? as for an apology, i neither expect or want one from you as i dont think it would be from the heart anyway,so that settles that. now back to the passaround debaucle , i lost a darn nice knife, i replaced it with a better darn nice knife. i was blessed and honored to win it back thru the generosity of a great guy. it was meant for me to have that knife. you had just as good of a chance as anyone to win it also. but you did not and i think it just eats you alive to know that you spent 20 of your "buck dollars " on a chance to win what would have been the showpiece of your entire collection because we all have heard from you that 20 bucks is a lot of money for you to spend onna knife.so you can stop wondering about me because i am an honest hardworking guy that just loves knives and i have just decided that you and your rants and crap are just not worth my time to worry about. so have a great life with all of your clones and i will" seeya wouldnt wanna be ya"
I am the KING of LATAMA collectors HAHAHAHAHAHAHA {EVIL LAUGH}
Dick Carroll

Post by Dick Carroll »

All right, is it gonna be 15 paces turn and fire or are ya grabbing the bowies and looking for a sand bar??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
All who enter here bring happiness, some by staying, some by leaving...