guitar?

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

blackjack wrote:Teddy I meant to ask, what are you playing these days :?: Also those four track cassette machines were and still are a load of laughs, had a Fostex myself, now I use the Cakewalk music creator program but Im not very good with it yet :cry: .
Regards
blackjack
If you mean what type of music....I still play a bit of the old SHADOWS stuff ... much more enjoyable these days with the availability of all the backing tracks (never could be bothered with makin' my own) ...and I'm starting to learn blues style again ( I had a bit of a stroke a few years back and my left side lost some co-ordination (memory was affected too) and it's takin' a long time to re-learn) and jammin' over the 12 bar stuff is comin' back to me a bit now.

The only electric guitar I have now is a Japanese strat...60's re-issue... nicest strat I've ever had!

Best wishes
Teddy
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

Its amazing what those Japanese can do, (I guess we all knew that) a friend of mine had (has :?:, Im not sure, I havent seen him for a while) a Japanese copy of a Gibson ES 335, and it was a good guitar.
Regards
blackjack
Post Script; I was asking what type of guitar you were playing, thanks.
Roccomo

Post by Roccomo »

I have had a Strat for the last few years. My last 'band' was all instrumental, all we played was The Ventures. Prior to that I played a Les Paul Custom that I got used in 1984 for $400.00.
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

Wow, you got a better deal than me, I traded in a Les Paul standard with
soap bar pick-ups, that I paid eleven hundred dollars for, plus three hundred dollars for mine. Ah well, when your an addict...
Regards
blackjack
Last edited by blackjack on Sun Jun 01, 2003 11:06 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings, Mr. Slaytanic-

Just today I acquired a Gibson SG Standard, black, and a Crate 5112 amp.
Whence I got it home via rickshaw, and sparked it up, (through my raw distortion box, phase shifter box, flanger pedal, chorusing box, envelope modifer box, and super delay echo device), and played open fret harmonics at full volume, all the wallpaper peeled right off the walls, the plastic plants wilted, the cats honked up bloody hairballs, the Jello turned to stone, all the pet flies on the ceiling fell off dead, the neighbor's septic tank backed up in a geyser, all the hair fell right off my chimp, and the torch-pitchfork crowd chased me up onto the windmill. Howdoyalikeit?

AS ever,

Your ol' pal,

Wally J. Corpse
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Looks like another "rain-out" for the flea market Sun [later today]. Not one person made a comment on the handcuffs/harmonica post so I guess "stand-up comedy" isn't an option. Working sux and robbing banks is risky, there must be an easy way to get rich but I'd settle for an easy way to "get by".
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

Vagrant, rest assured your handcuffs, harmonica post is hillarious, it made me laugh. Your father obviously had, has a very keen wit.
Regards
blackjack
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I really have to practice the act before I take it on the road. No-one has suggested I open a pay to view site. Another rain-out [damn it] at least if I get depressed and decide to slash my wrists I have lots of knives to choose from. How long can it rain like this? The lake is getting closer and closer. Good thing I own property at 400 feet higher elevation, I may need it. I'm going back to bed before my pulse starts beating and I can't sleep. Dear old Dad had a sense of humor but I think he was serious about the harmonica thing.
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Mr. Corpse,

A new Gibson! Wow! No wonder the whole neighborhood just went to shit, with those amplified 'Barney & Friends' tunes followed up by the 'Brady Bunch' 90 minute dirge solo. Does that mean you are retiring your anal cazoo?

Best Regard's,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

WJC; Sounds like quite a rig you got there and those Crate amps are really nice. The thing is, those SG's are really nice guitars all on their own, why not try plugging into your amp directly and turning everything on that Crate up to eleven, I guarantee you'l have the same effect, just a thought.
Vagrant I just got it figured out, your father was the warden right, I thought so. By the way, congratulations on your 2000th posting, Thanks to the interest of people like yourself and all the others who post so prolifically, we are guaranteed a long and interesting life to this site.
Regards
blackjack
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Dear Old Dad was all of the following [and more]:
Cop, Tree Surgeon, Baseball Player [pro], Bar Tender, Army-Ranger [WW-2] and several others. The handcuff/harmonica line was probably from personal expeience. He disappeared when I was a year and a half old and showed up again when I was 37 [Hi Dad where ya been?] he "kicked the bucket" 6 months later but I learned a lot in those 6 months. His hobbies were guns knives and wives . I think he wanted to make sure there was a good growd at his funeral by having LOTS of family [bad plan there were less than two dozen of us there and not all of them looked heart-broken]. He did have a lot of medals from the Army plus France and Belgium so some people thought very highly of him, [or thought badly of the people he fought]. If I was a song-writer I think "Harmonicas and Handcuffs" would make a GREAT country/western song, maybe someday I'll try to write it.
Wally J. Corpse

Greetings, Mr. Vagrant-

I hope you won't object if I plagerize yer 'Harmonicas 'n Handcuffs'. I think it'd make a great follow up to our band, Solid Waste, current hit, "Clot". Of course your full name and address will be included in the credits for any future royalties.

AS ever,

Your ol' pal,

Wally J. Corpse

P.S. All our royalties thus far have come in the form of subpoenas. Okay, they were actually warrants.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Wally,

The one that I plagerize the most was Al's response to learning that I like salt water fishing. He said that he likes fishing, but not in salt water. The reason is that when he goes fishing, he wants to be assured that he will be the only Great White present.

Jim
Wally J. Corpse

Greetings, Mr. Doofus Emeritus-

The neighbors loved my rendition of the Brady Bunch theme, especially the part when I played through my little green box that turns the note shape in reverse, fired through solid waves of echo. However, I did notice several large white box vans marked 'F.E.M.A. Emergency Soundproofing Task Force', parked on the block after I came back from the suppository drive through window, having left my SG, (Ol' Sparky), still sustaining the augmented diminished minor chord with the bass string tuned down to way flat, and the high 'E' string tuned up to way sharp, still echoing when I came back.

I enjoy this immensely. Just like my sainted father used to say-'Son, one man's misery is another man's chuckle'.

In regards to the rectal cazoo, I don't have it anymore. You made off with it after using it to smoke kaopectate-lint bowls after the Amazing Blue Oyster Cult show last whenever, remember?

AS ever,

Your ol' pal,

Wally J. Corpse
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Greetingg Wally,
So far I have had all warrants found null and void. Hopefully the future royalties could make us both enough to get a Damascus Switch [or at least a bail bondsman] so feel free to use it. If you need help on lyrics I will attempt to assist you. This one has potential [to get us both in trouble probably].