guitar?

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
sammy the blade

Re: guitar?

Post by sammy the blade »

And, Ozzy still rocks! Sorry for waking up this olde thread.
2024 candidate for president
Straydog 5247

Post by Straydog 5247 »

That's ok Sammy ....it's only a 13 year old thread ! :shock: ...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rondog
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Got a little bored and thought I'd catch up during my hiatus.
2024 candidate for president
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

sammy the blade wrote:And, Ozzy still rocks! Sorry for waking up this olde thread.
No problem Sammy. I think it was 1973 maybe 74 when I heard ZZ Top La Grange so I was mind-set for hard rock and roll.
Being a hillbilly kid and hearing this music I knew where my tastes were....or at least I thought I did.

We lived in Springfield Missouri in 73 and the new neighbors across the street (3 kids) were from Sacramento so they were way ahead of me in the music world.
The oldest one had me over and played records on a high-end stereo, first was Deep Purple In Rock "Flight of the Rat" and then Sabbath "Iron Man" and never in my little mind knew anything of this magnitude existed.
It was the hardest, most mind-blowing thing I ever heard but in all honesty the Black Sabbath song "Into The Void" absolutely sent chills down my spine.
The way it starts out then builds up and goes into that deep, dark guitar riff I was just beside myself.
It was like after it was over I had to hear it again just to know I didn't just imagine it.
He let me borrow "In Rock" by Deep Purple, "Paranoid" and "Master of Reality" and when mom and dad were at work I blasted that stuff but it almost scared me.
My rich aunt gave us a stereo unit that consisted of a 1966 Scott tube amp and Scott tube receiver with a Gerrard turn table and huge Jensen speakers.
When everyone was gone I played Master of Reality and it scared the sh*t out of me. The song Into The Void has to be one of the most magnificent hard rock songs of all time.
It's not just the guitar sound but Bill Ward's drumming and Geezer's bass is stellar. Not even today's rockers can match that chemistry.
Sabbath was four guys making a sound that will forever set the standard for hard rock and metal.

But back to La Grange, in my mind at 10 years old in 73 I thought that was the hardest sh*t I had ever heard until "Flight Of The Rat" and Sabbath.
To this day I consider Black Sabbath my all time favorite band.
Especially the first three records. Every song on all three albums are masterpieces. Simply brilliant music.
This song really must be heard with headphones at fairly loud volume to really make you appreciate it's intensity.
It starts out slow then Tony gets it on and you pee a little. 8) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3hsCiGS9Uc

This is exactly like ours,it was a 1966 Scott open tube amp
Attachments
Scott.jpg
Scott.jpg (17.16 KiB) Viewed 1323 times