Other things which are highly addictive

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
blackjack

Other things which are highly addictive

Post by blackjack »

Its been mentioned many times in these forums how highly addictive the collecting and clicking of switchblades is but we as humans find many things addictive, how about you, what else do you do compulsively besides
flicking open your blades :?: (try to keep it clean ok). Seeing as this is my thread Id better go first. Things I find addictive...wheelies on motorcycles,
cracking bullwhips, and the firing of fully automatic rifles.
Anyone Else :?:
blackjack
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Another addiction, if one was not enough, is speed. In my younger days i had a '75 ford Torino with a full blown hemi. This baby was doing the 1/4 mile in under 12 seconds, reaching a speed of about 125 mph. I could easily pop the clutch at about 7000 rpm and raise the front wheels a good foot off the ground. Thank god for wheelie bars. :D
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

Razor_54; A hemi Ford :?: Was that an engine swap or is this something from Ford Im not familiar with :?: And you are right, speed is highly addictive.
blackjack
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

The Torino originally came with a 460 and a c6 tranny. With some mods i was able to drop in the Hemi with a muncie transmission with a 4:10 rear end, great for the 1/4 mile. After the blue print and balancing it was pushing out about 550 hp. Pure Detroit power, with enough torque to blow any Jap car of the planet. :wink:
~RAZOR~
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

Razor_54;That thing could blow a loaded freight train off the planet, hey you dont have to sell me on American autos, I firmly believe Americans build the best autos in the world, bar none, and I particularly like autos from that time we now call the muscle car or super car era (can you believe someone actually had the guts to build cars like the Plymouth Superbird or the Charger Daytona). Also, those hemi motors came from the factory with a 425hp rating, nudge nudge, wink wink, do you know of anyone who actually hooked one up to a dyno to see what they really pruduced :?: You sound like someone who may have actually done that yourself sometime :twisted:
Regards
blackjack
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Never tried the dyno, but ran the 1/4 in under 12 seconds at a local dragstrip. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on an old Charger and dropping in a 350 and blower.
I love those old american muscle cars. A close friend of mine still has an original hemi Cuda sitting in his garage, waiting on some extra cash to restore it to it's original beauty.
I'm in the process of adding nitros to a '76 Trans Am with a 455 H.O for a buddy. This bad boy should be able to light up the streets. :twisted: when we're done with it. :D
~RAZOR~
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

i'm hopelessly hooked on;

:D 16 foot drops on my mountainbike (moto x without engine)
:D dirt jumps
:D riding atv's in the sand dunes of oregon
:D conversing with a bunch of goofball's on a certain forum :wink:
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

I find it astonishing that this thread has gone as far as it has without mention of that savory sensation to which we are all addicted.

Jim
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

Jim, they say men think about women once every 2 - 5 seconds... I find it kind of odd no-one mentioned it :shock:
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

No one into the Butts here? . Gotta be some boozehounds. Had to stop after close to 40 yrs and haven't looked back. Now the Butts! They are a MFr to quit but I guess I need one vice. I believe years ago the Doobie Bros had an album titled "What were once vices are now habits" Truer words were never spoken.
PB
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

mr PB - i quit the butt's about a year ago after 20 years puffin - i used zyban - and it really helped. i bought myself a couple of nice knives with the money i've saved over the past year!

oh yeah, i would have listed a few other addictions, but i thought we had to keep it clean :wink:
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

I've quit. I'm sort of a social smoker, but I haven't smoked a tube filled with shredded scrap tobacco at all in about 2 months. Lot's of blades with that money if the winter bills didn't bite me in the ass :cry:
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Roll my own, about $9.00 [U.S.] for 200-230 [a little over a carton].
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

Back in my college days in the 60's I had one of those little rolling machines that you could put in your pocket. I used to draw quite a crowd when I cranked out a homemade smoke. Also left a little sprinkling of Bugler on the ground where ever I went. :D
I collect springblades but I carry my "thumbers."
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Falcon if I remember correctly they were red and I'm pretty sure they were made by a Co called Rizzulato or something that sounded close to ruzutto's.

Vagrant I have rolled my own at different times in my life using Bugler,Tops and others but I also smoked Camels and Pall Malls without a filter so the hand rolls were on Par. After about 25 yrs of no filters I quit for about 2 mos and when I went back I said if I'm going to smoke it will be a filter so it won't be as strong. Big Deal 15 years later I'm still smoking Camels but now with a filter. I get them on line and save quite a bit. the average pack in Mass is about $5.50 on line about $3.00 so the savings are good and it saves me wear and tear on the car cause I don't have to visit your state where they still are alot cheaper. Now they magiclly appear at my front door. No more midnite runs to 7-11 for smokes.
PB