Enough is enough ;]

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Enough is enough ;]

Post by Vagrant »

That is a speed limit sign next to the utility pole :idea:
whippersnapper

Re: Enough is enough ;]

Post by whippersnapper »

Looks familiar...Also have had my mail box knocked over by the plows throwing snow 3 times this winter.
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Look on the bright side - soon all such troubles will be over - Daylight Savings Time starts in ONE WEEK :!:
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

whippersnapper wrote:Looks familiar...Also have had my mail box knocked over by the plows throwing snow 3 times this winter.
Mt. Whippersnapper,

Just install a big heavy bollard in the ground and attach your box to it. That'll teach the bastids.

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

whippersnapper wrote:Looks familiar...Also have had my mail box knocked over by the plows throwing snow 3 times this winter.
Four years ago, after having the mailbox plowed at least once a year, I moved it back from the road 6inches :idea: In the last four years they haven't got it :) Unfortunately the closest they plowed to it is 3 feet 7 inches and guess who has to shovel the rest :roll:
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Looks pretty to me, I don't have any snow here but I did see some when I was in Kansas City and Chicago last week.

Jim
Guitars and Blades

Post by Guitars and Blades »

All you can get in the mail is slant bolster knives now, Vagrant.
I don't know what a "bollard" is, but a boulder sounds like a good idea.
Don't forget, if the plow guys are like the ones around here, they start work at 4:00am and the first beer break is at 5:00 am, then at 6 it's time for coffee, at 7 another beer break, etc.. Don't worry, they'll get to the pole eventually.
I like the way they always plow my street as soon as I've shoveled my way out to it, so I can do it again.
About 8 or 9 years ago, they actually manged to hit my three week old pickup as I was half in, half out of the driveway they'd just plowed under again. Then they tried to deny it. I was in the damn truck when they hit it!! Luckily a town cop lived across the street from me and his wife saw it happen. Town wound up paying and I got the whole truck painted so it would match because they screwed it up the first time at the body shop.
You're a lucky man, Jim. You've escaped the Northern Wilds to the Hills of Mayberry. Good weather, good food (love that Red, Hot and Blue!!) and good fishin'.

G&B
Steel strings and steel springs...what could be better?
Vanagas

Post by Vanagas »

Yeah, that looks all to familiar. Oddly enuff temps near 60 yesterday and overnight put a quick end to the white stuff. Now we have water everywhere.

Can't bitch about the local guys on the street dept. They are pretty good and have never hit anything of mine. Although it does sometimes take them quite a while to get around to plowing our short, quiet, little street. Even completely forgetting to plow it at times! No worries, my cuz has a dumptruck with a plow and he's only a half mile away. He's taken to calling me up after a snow to see if I need the street plowed. Very cool guy. Always there no matter what I need and everything I have is his for the asking.

I am looking forward to the time change. March on the calendar and daylight til after 7 is springtime to me.
Mike
--J

Post by --J »

------
Last edited by --J on Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

--J wrote:C'mon, that's beautiful Vagrant,
Other than the snow plough. And I bet Rommtl's having a blast, besides, sounds like you like to shoot, take advantage of that all white backdrop, best hunts after new snow, tells you where things are and when they were there...
I did want to ask you about one post, another day, another bird, it's kinda hard for me to tell what the picture is of. Looks like you blasted a tweety bird w/ a 12 Gauge, #8 shot into the snow.
By the way, back home we get a nice big coil spring about 7' long, 3' into the ground with a nice bit of concrete, it should be the last time you'll have to fix it. Better to bend like a willow than break like oak.
With Rommel "helping" you NEVER see any game except for the ones he kills and [partially] eats, by the time you catch up with him.
The only bird [out of a half dozen or more he's killed] that I could indentify was a Partridge :wink:
--J

Post by --J »

--------
Last edited by --J on Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

--J wrote:Ok, so pic of the snow & feathers was Rommels kill?
I haven't killed anything since we got him. I just follow him through the woods with a pistol. Just in case he tries to kill something seriously dangerous, to him [like: coyote, bear, wild boar] :idea:
He's killed: moles, mice, chipmunks, birds, etc. and a couple "unidetifiables" [all that was left was a little bit of tail hanging from his mouth, when I caught up with him] :wink:
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings, Mr. Doofus Emeritus-

'A big heavy bollard', 'eh? Izzat what you're calling the Zoomietated sister in law now? I concur that she is almost practically certainly sort of qualified for said task.

AS ever,

Your ol' pal,

Wally J. Corpse
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Guitars and Blades wrote:I don't know what a "bollard" is, but a boulder sounds like a good idea.
Mr. G&B,

It's one of those steel pipe thingies set in concrete deep in the ground and backfilled with mortar. A common sight with lots of scratches in front of gas pumps. A cleverly disguised one can wreak havoc with any snowplow operator.
Wally J. Corpse wrote:'A big heavy bollard', 'eh? Izzat what you're calling the Zoomietated sister in law now? I concur that she is almost practically certainly sort of qualified for said task.
Mr. Corpse,

Yes, you are correct. The bollard at the adult toy store will never be the same. Upon exiting said store, she attacked the silent sentinel with the fury of one possessed with multiple doses of Spanish fly. Even her boyfriend was utterly speechless, but not totally surprised.

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Bonzo wrote:The bollard at the adult toy store will never be the same. Upon exiting said store, she attacked the silent sentinel with the fury of one possessed with multiple doses of Spanish fly. Even her boyfriend was utterly speechless, but not totally surprised.
Looks like they cleaned it up some since then...