Got accepted to School :P

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Doc Rocket

Re: Got accepted to School :P

Post by Doc Rocket »

natcherly wrote:
Doc Rocket wrote: You can see some of my shit here...

The first bunch of crap is ...
You are being far too self-deprecating!

I would use such scatological terms to describe my artistic ability. Cetainly not yours.

The Natch
I pretty much dislike anything I do, never satisfied, always look back and think how I could have don it better with more time.

It's nothing that the average two headed monky or three toed sloth couldn't do with a bunch of practice. It's all relative to time spent in any insustry or practice. In this case 25 years.

Better get good or don't do it. Instead of th TV pick up a pencil brush or hammer.When I grow up I want to be a space ship pilot (wait a sec that's what I am now) or a secret agent or............
I love my country...
It's the #*# goverment...
ktonix

Post by ktonix »

wow doc , those are some nice paintings, ive never learned how to paint so looks like this year im learning.
Doc , are you freelance , or do you work for a design company.?
------------
James Foster
jamief@ktonix.com
http://www.ktonix.com
ktonix

Post by ktonix »

Also doc, If you want some real webhosting, I would happily subhost you as I do with some other artists? it would be a subdomain of my addy though
so something like
http://doc.ktonix.com or something to that matter , email , ftp and a fast server :P
------------
James Foster
jamief@ktonix.com
Doc Rocket

Post by Doc Rocket »

ktonix wrote: Doc , are you freelance , or do you work for a design company.?
I've ran a design studio for the last 4 years. Freelance prior to that in Toronto, New York and Frisco. Work for an ad agency full time now freelance in book publishing plus do an exhibition of paintings a year and....

Do a lot of web design, never have time to work on my own site busey building stuff for clients. Thank you for the very kind offer. :D :D
I love my country...
It's the #*# goverment...
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Joshua A. Norton wrote:IMPORTANT NOTICE:

Only those actually born in San Francisco are allowed to call it "Frisco". Be warned however, many traditionalists violently dispuite the use of that name.

Violators will be forced to live in Los Angeles for six years and commute on the 405 during the daily rush hour between Sunset Boulevard and Seal Beach.

By Order,

Norton I, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico.
ktonix

Post by ktonix »

doc : cool thats basically what im wanting to do , i have been doing projects here and there freelancing over the past few years, im going to get a BFA probably in visual arts , then might look into getting into advertising / art director. something to that matter
------------
James Foster
jamief@ktonix.com
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Mr. Doctor Rocket,

As a professional roofer, I tend to think of my work as an art itself. I mean, there's nothing like setting a distinctive pattern of cedar shingles, or shakes, and having someone stop by and ask for directions for the nearest 7-11. Nah, what we do in the roofing business goes highly un-noticed, unless the roof leaks during first rain, or else that pitch-fork you were using to tear-off the next door neighbors shake roof accidentally fell through the ceiling, point first.

Over the dining room, eh Wally?

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Can't fix a leak when it's raining, when it's not you don't have too 8)
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Mr. Vagrant,

Even though the last line in my contracts say work guarnteed for 5 years, the homeowner always asks if the work is guaranteed whilst writing the check. I always reply, "the roof is 100% guaranteed against any leaks, unless it rains!"

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
Sam Hotton

Post by Sam Hotton »

I am in awe!

Sam
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

Sam Hotton wrote:I am in awe!

Sam