Off topic ? for any Canadian member(s)

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JackDRipper

Off topic ? for any Canadian member(s)

Post by JackDRipper »

As Independance Day aprouches, I made a trip to an aquaintance who has always had some very good, unavailable in the U.S.A. fireworks I could talk or trade him out of. Well, this year, on his trip to pick up said novelties, he was aprehended by Canadian Customs trying to re-enter the U.S. with my favorite of all noise makers, Cracker Bombs, made by Standard Fireworks of India. He aparently had quite a few of them. He did not tell me what he was charged with, only that he has to return to Canada to stand trial. Anyone have any idea what he could be charged with and what he stands to recieve as punishment. I would hate to think that he could go away for a long period of time simply for some oversize firecrackers (or that I will never be able to get them again :( ).
Are we having fun yet?
ktonix

Post by ktonix »

fireworks? illegal in the usa?
us canadians ussually hop the boarder to get american firecrackers?
fireworks are the safe versions of firecrackers aka pussy explosives :P
i guess it depends on how much a large quantity is ect. Obviously your friend isnt smart , you dont take that stuff across in your car, you goto places where the boarder is seriously just a ditch and hop that ;)
------------
James Foster
jamief@ktonix.com
http://www.ktonix.com
ktonix

Post by ktonix »

not that I have ever done that or believe it is morally correct to do so ;)

and there is a offtopic section just for these dicussions , believe it or not :P
------------
James Foster
jamief@ktonix.com
JackDRipper

Post by JackDRipper »

Oops! Any moderator, please feel free to move this to the off topic area. As far as the guy goes, he has been bringing them back from his trips up north for quite some time, guess only now everything is being watched very closely. As far as getting fireworks in the U.S. liabilaty lawyers have just about killed everything over lady fingers. Cracker Bombs are apperently legal north of the border and put the old time M-80 to absolute shame.
Are we having fun yet?
ktonix

Post by ktonix »

there are crackle bombs here that arent illegal I dont think , they look like black cherry bombs and once the go they shoot out more tiny ones that go boom
------------
James Foster
jamief@ktonix.com