The Official J-Man Coup d'etat Thread

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!

Should J-Man be overthrown

Yes he should be stripped of all moderating privileges
6%
Yes but only after a treason hearing
33%
See ya buddy, was nice knowing ya, stop back some time
11%
Welcome Benny you'll make a Great Moderator
50%

Total votes: 18

Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

stepdaddy wrote:Mr Blackjack here is a copy of the note left by Bonzo to prevent panic in his absence
Ladies, Fish, and Gentlemen,

It is now time for the yearly Wally/Bonz Amazing Peter, Paul and Mary get together for flower power, free love, drinks of wheat grass juice, and chuckles, this sunday night in SF, Sodom by the Sea. I will be taking a gorgeous 16 year old, and one of her friends to see their first P,P,&M show. If no one hears from either of us for a week or so, please pass the hat and send bail funds to: Wally & Bonz, c/o San Francisco County Jail. Got a little carried away dancing naked in the sun flowers fund.

Best regards,

Bonz

Mr Wally and Mr Bonzo please forgive me I just couldn't resists.

SD

Mr. Stepdaddy,

Any semi-moron of these sacred hallowed forums knows full awell that any investigation of the original arhival quote has been grossly misrepresented.

That one was free.

Lo & behold if I don't turn you into hampster huey, loving the gaseous smelly confines of Herr Schultz' enematic love tunnel next time around.

Oh well, I do just happen to be a somewhat forgiving soul.

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

Mr. Bonzo:

Thank you sir.

SD
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

mrbigg wrote:sd - what makes you think anyone gives a shit what you think about who should do what where or to who? there are some folk here who have lives, and those who post to see themselves in print....which one are you?

besides - just because j-man or dan-o haven't posted anything recently - doesn't mean they are not reading and moderating...
Just how do you explain me being the #1 poster - I have no life and never sleep - THAT'S how :roll: . If I knew how much typing I'd end up doing, I'd be #24897459 in posting. Bless you my flock, Yes I am now the REVEREND Al :!: At your service for; weddings, funerals, christenings, exorcisms, etc :idea: Low, low rates :) Discounts for forumites :D
Ordained Tuesday 11:56 p.m.

I thought about Reverend Motley but this isn't a case for such levity. I am now legally ordained in the Universal Life Church. My Ordination Certificate has my full [legal] name on it. I do NOT intend to joke about it, but will understand if others kid me a little, if it's in good taste.
Last edited by Vagrant on Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

stepdaddy wrote:I still think Mr Vagrant is way motley enough to be a Motley Crew member.

SD
Reverend Moderator? Hmm, it does sound different :wink: How many forums have an Ordained Minister as a moderator :idea:
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

mrbigg wrote:sd - what makes you think anyone gives a shit what you think about who should do what where or to who? there are some folk here who have lives, and those who post to see themselves in print....which one are you?
besides - just because j-man or dan-o haven't posted anything recently - doesn't mean they are not reading and moderating...
Mr.Bigg,
Stepdaddy has a right to voice his opinion just as you or anyone else here and it seams there more than a couple members with the same feelings.
With no disrespect, Not to long ago when you first came here you were out spoken so & so. I never thought they were going to let you stay. You then took a turn around and however it works became a mod overnight which at the time I wandered why anyone would put a newbie in that position. And the statement about J-Man and Dan-o might be reading and moderating is a joke. Lets all just read and not post and see what happens. This is my last post on this subject, if it comes to a vote through the management at that time a will vote. I have a Birthday party to get ready for,
so fuck it.
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

I guess the question the commoners have in the end is: Does being a moderator of a site mean one only has to moderate, or are they expected to be contributing members of said discussion forum. This isn't an attack on any member of the moderating team, just food for thought as to what might be done once a member no longer wishes to frequent the site. I'm not saying members that havn't posted in a few weeks should be banned or removed from the member list. I'm just stating a mod that no longer wishes to be a part of the family shouldn't be listed as a mod when other members are capable of filling the void. Lets face it most of the mods that are in place are there and were chosen because of their contributions to the forum in the first place. This is my final thought on the issue.

SD
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

Alright, I haven't posted for a little over a week. BIG FUCKING DEAL! Wow, as soon as that happens some of the members decide it among themselves that they think they own this place and use it so they can be come a Mod.

This isn't a democracy, it's Mickey's place and the evil Mod's place.

As for posting, hmm... I wonder how many people who are trying to be come mods over my absence how many posts do they have?

Besides, just because I haven't been posting doesn't mean I haven't been here does it? Like everyone, I think they go into a lurking cycle, where they don't view the forums as much, neither post, but there still here.

In other words, for the people who are going to make a vague attempt to cut apart this post and try to humiliate and steal my spot... get a life, honestly. You could become a mod if you actually had some brains :roll:
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

mr claudester - no disrespect taken - i know and admit i was a shit desturber when i came on the scene - but i think i have contributed enough to earn my pay as a mod :wink:

j-man - nice to see ya back...
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Mr Bigg your still an asshole in my book :wink:
PB
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Welcome back :) Don't do it again :lol: And where is the pic :?: I; bought a camera, learned to use it [sort of] and downloaded the software [all by myself] in LESS TIME than you've been procrastinating :roll:
mr_edge

Post by mr_edge »

Welcome back J-Man...hope you'll come back and post regularily. I for one, miss your contributions, but I'm glad to hear you're lurking in the background. I certainly don't post as frequently as some, but certainly value the forum as much as the next guy.
mrbigg

Post by mrbigg »

Pushbutton wrote:Mr Bigg your still an asshole in my book :wink:
PB
the feeling's mutual ya prick ya :P :P
mr_edge

Post by mr_edge »

mrbigg wrote:
Pushbutton wrote:Mr Bigg your still an asshole in my book :wink:
PB
the feeling's mutual ya prick ya :P :P
Can't you just feel the love?!?
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

mr_edge,

I just don't know how to take some of the posts. For a while, I thought missaman and mrbigg were fighting. Then I learned that were working together and it was all a big joke.

Anyway, happy birthday mrbigg!

Jim
mrbigg

Post by mrbigg »

jim - i'm a lover not a fighter :lol: :wink: