East coast roulette

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
missaman

East coast roulette

Post by missaman »

Well, ive got my generator and chainsaw tuned up today. Mr. Jim D, Mr. Vagrent, Mr. 67, keep your heads down. Its hurricane time!!!!
Rember to stock up on the usual items, rum,coke, toilet paper, smokes, fill your gas tanks [storage tank for your generator] :wink:, ammo to shoot the looters etc
Missaman
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

:shock: good luck mr missaman!
HTMLBali

Post by HTMLBali »

dont hesitate if you have to pull that trigger....... :evil:
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Missaman sounds like the same nieghborhood I grew up in. We city boys live in a real world every freaking day.
PB
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

missaman,

Yes, unfortunately at least some of us could be in for it. I have been down this proverbial road many times. Sometimes it's much ado about nothing, other times it's deadly.

Greyblade is also potentially vulnerable, and I'm not sure who else.

Jim
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I worry far more about friends/members that are south of me, but I do keep meaning to get a generator. I can "fake it" on small things with a couple voltage inverters I have for the cars .
Greyblade

Post by Greyblade »

jim d, wrote:missaman,

Yes, unfortunately at least some of us could be in for it. I have been down this proverbial road many times. Sometimes it's much ado about nothing, other times it's deadly.

Jim
Jim,

I hope that you and all the other Carolinians on the forum fare well over the next few days. It looks like Isabel will make landfall smack on the Outer Banks (the Outer Savings & Loans are safe, I guess :roll: ) and head up into Virginia before it blows out. Here in Jersey, we're expecting rain and high winds from Thursday afternoon until late Friday. The weekend is supposed to be clear. I'm helping my daughter move out of the house to an apartment on Saturday, so I hope that the forecast is correct.

Good luck to all in the path.

Greyblade
missaman

Post by missaman »

Jim
So is Mr. fritz the cat. Who has been strangely absent on the forum lately :?
But is doing well as we have spoken lately via another forum.
Missaman
mrbigg

Post by mrbigg »

Jim
hey jim be careful - that's one badass huricane! that goes for all those members in the path - good luck! (remember take your knives to the shelter too :lol: )
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Well, it looks like Isabel will pay N.C. a visit. She is still 300 miles offshore, but the reports from the buoys just several miles offshore already indicate seas reaching 25 feet. According to our local news, surf wave heights on some of our beaches are already up to 14 feet. Things are expected to progressively worsen overnight with landfall occurring near Morehead City (don't you just love that name?) mid-morning tomorrow.

Jim
Last edited by jim d, on Wed Sep 17, 2003 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
missaman

Post by missaman »

JimD, It looks like you guys are the "winners". Its not due here until tomarrow night. I'm all set, best of luck sir.
Missaman
FivePointOh

Post by FivePointOh »

I hope this b*tch Isabel dies before she hits land. I still have puddles in my basement from the last storm that came through.

Good luck everyone.

J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

That bitch might hit the Great lakes area as well (high winds and lots of rain) if goes on the right path. Great...
HTMLBali

Post by HTMLBali »

lol i live in the middle of the great lakes.....where you at j-man?
I have a Civil War reenactment this weekend where its broadcasted to rain all the way through it :evil:
mrbigg

Post by mrbigg »

that thing looks almost as big as texas - and that's BIG :!: