*FINAL* Sign-up For Commemorative Knife To Honor Rick Giroux

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
barshoo

Re: *FINAL* Sign-up For Commemorative Knife To Honor Rick Giroux

Postby barshoo » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:39 am

:shock: I was trying to edit a previous post...sorry! :oops:
I will push your buttons--please pass me your switchblades first.

barshoo

Postby barshoo » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:13 pm

Hey guys, I am having a change of heart! I DON'T LIKE my role as KNIFE KNAZI,
and I FEAR that I have offended some of you with my terms! I am a person who
freely ADMITS when I am WRONG! I was acting like a person who shows
up late to a party, then dictates how the bar is going to run. :shock: :shock: :oops:

I remembered when I ordered a TB Forum knife, then I FORGOT about it!! I was
STILL able to purchase it, and my original place in line did not change!! There
have been forum knives and commemoratives knives done here over the years, and
I believe that things have been run a certain way...far different than the way I have.

I will edit the Knife Assignment List to reflect the order of the Reservation and PAID List.
Those who have ordered will keep their ORIGINAL PLACE IN LINE. I dearly want to KEEP
the friends that I have made here! I will figure out another way to reward those who
have paid early!!

Also, I have chosen the safest way to ship the knives to me, and that is Registered Mail. (Angelo COULD ship them UPS, but it would cost more! I used up my budget on these knives to produce Certificates of Authenticity, and ship them both ways!) It will take longer for the knives to get here, but I am heeding Angelo's advise.

Some of you don't feel comfortable paying until the knives get here. I understand that! You have probably been burned before, or have friends who have been burned. I AM sticking to my payment deadline. But, if you CONTACT me and explain your circumstances, I will not penalize you!

I DO expect payments once the knives arrive. I'll allow 10 mailing days after the knives arrive. That is my grace period. I will erase all the other terms I have posted, and hope this is fair. I would really appreciate some feedback!

barshoo

Postby barshoo » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:02 am

I re-read the last two paragraghs of my last post, and they may be confusing to some! So I will clear it up:

"Some of you don't feel comfortable paying until the knives get here. I understand that! You have probably been burned before, or have friends who have been burned. I AM sticking to my payment deadline. But, if you CONTACT me and explain your circumstances, I will not penalize you!" I meant that I won't take your name off the list, and I will not give away your knife to another buyer!

"I DO expect payments once the knives arrive. I'll allow 10 mailing days after the knives arrive. That is my grace period." Even if you DON"T contact me, and you don't pay by the 15th, I will announce it here that the knives have arrived. The knives will probably get here ten days or so after he ships them. They may not arrive until near the end of this month. I will make every effort to reach you after they arrive.

I won't take you off the list. I have forgotten that I ordered a knife from a TB Forum special, and I didn't lose my knife. I will wait until December 15th. Then I'll re-evaluate the situation. Like I said, I don't like being a Knife K-Nazi !!

barshoo

Postby barshoo » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:42 pm

It is with great excitement and pure joy that I share this picture with you!! These knives are going to be beautiful!! Angelo sent me the picture this morning.

A couple things worth noting: The boxes for the Sicilians are made of heavy paper, not cardboard like I imagined. (Initially he said they were "nice boxes", so I assumed they were cardboard.) The knives will be engraved next Wednesday, and they will be shipped the following week. :mrgreen:

I have two Diana's left!! Here is the picture of each model, what it will look like engraved:

sprink

Postby sprink » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:57 pm

They look great Barb, thanks for posting and keeping us all up to date.

barshoo

Postby barshoo » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:56 am

It is just 4 days from payment due date, and I haven't heard from anyone. Please touch base with me and let me know what your plans are. That is all I'm asking for right now. Take care, guys, and please write me!

barshoo

Postby barshoo » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:00 am

sprink wrote:They look great Barb, thanks for posting and keeping us all up to date.

Thank YOU Sprink! I appreciate your posts...you have been pretty supportive through this project!

barshoo

Postby barshoo » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:52 pm

I hope that I will hear from you guys. I am not asking for a lot. Just a PM and a short message. I need your address and email address, as I am preparing the certificates for mailing. It would be very helpful!

I am enclosing a collectible stamp, that has a muskat, an axe, and a Bowie knife on it. David purchased them, thinking that you guys might get a kick out of it!

Return to “Off Topic”