At Last, Johnny Cade's Switch!! The Outsiders

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
h1942

l'lock

Post by h1942 »

Looks like pickbone real nice. I have a similar knife marked virginia,no nail nick. Hank
Vanagas

Post by Vanagas »

That's definitely a nice'n. No wonder you wanted it so bad.
Mike
X-Punk

Post by X-Punk »

Awesome knife, and thanks for the info, I always wondered what kind of switch he used in that movie!
"Never trust a hippie"- the Sex Pistols
gunner

Post by gunner »

Thanks everyone for your nice comments, I certainly appreciate them all. And X-Punk, I'm glad the pics/info helped you out. Informing new fan-addicts on the board was my goal.
I also found out some info on this particular shellpuller's history. It was made by Wilhelm Weltersbach, in the 1950's!
SPRINGER KÖNIG
Kev81489

Post by Kev81489 »

Dude those things are awesome. Your so lucky. The Outsiders is like the greatest movie ever and ever since ove seen it ive wanted a switchblade like that
EGZMETALFRK666

Post by EGZMETALFRK666 »

incredible find....thanks for the info....im still looking to get one of these for myself....

†Justin†
NO TRESPASSING....VIOLATORS WILL BE SHOT....SURVIVORS WILL BE SHOT AGAIN!!!!
Springmesser

Re: At Last, Johnny Cade's Switch!! The Outsiders

Post by Springmesser »

One helluva knife...congrats! :thumbsup:
When I was a kid....my older brother came home from Vietnam in 69 with one of those German switchblades....I thought it the coolest thing I ever seen.....have always wanted one....but have never seen one for sale.....hope I find one soon...not getting any younger!
Grim

Post by Grim »

Beautiful find gunner 8) :!:
DONT TREAD ON ME
junior

Post by junior »

sweet deal, man im so jealous
In A Dog Eat Dog World, Be A Wolf
Guitars and Blades

Post by Guitars and Blades »

Sweet find, Gunner. Great knife. Good movie. Read the book in 8th grade (many years ago) and have loved it ever since.
That's a great find!! WTG!

G&B :D 8) 8)
Steel strings and steel springs...what could be better?
Springmesser

Post by Springmesser »

If Hubertus or one of the German knife makers would start making the shell puller again....I think it would be a good seller for them.
~Chad

Post by ~Chad »

Springmesser wrote:If Hubertus or one of the German knife makers would start making the shell puller again....I think it would be a good seller for them.
Yeah I would buy a lit-shoad of 'em. :D
Springmesser

Post by Springmesser »

~Chad wrote:
Springmesser wrote:If Hubertus or one of the German knife makers would start making the shell puller again....I think it would be a good seller for them.
Yeah I would buy a lit-shoad of 'em. :D
Me too......all I get to do is watch your videos and drool. :)
Excellent videos... 8)
~Chad

Post by ~Chad »

BUMP

This is one of my favorite threads on the forum. In fact, after first reading it in 2008, I rejoined talkblade to communicate with Gunner through private messages. Since then, I have read Gunner's story so many times that I could probably recite it word for word. I had a similar experience at that age, (I guess alot of people did). And of course, I love looking at the pictures. See how this topic has over 4000 views? About half of 'em are mine :mrgreen:

Thanks to Bill DeShivs- I have a large shellpuller collection. And now thanks to Kaleb (muskrat man)- I finally own a mint condition, original German shellpuller that is comparable to Gunner's. I'm not taking anything away from Bill, his work is amazing (which is why I keep sending him more.)

But this one is an original that is mint, sits deep in the liners, full blade, and fires hard. The pullers are thick and big. Kaleb posted pictures on the SD forums when he first bought it. My pictures always suck so I apologize.

And just for fun- I included some comparison pictures. The originals are slightly longer than the #11 hubertus (but not by much). These pictures also show how close Bill can make a modern hubertus look like an original. Thanx Kaleb, this knife means the world to me!

Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Man thats a beautiful old knife in excellent shape Chad! Nice blade on it. 8) :!:
When I was learning how to find these knives and looking I kept tiring of google/yahoo searches sending me to you or gunner all the time at first :lol: Congratulations. I'd say welcome to the Cade club, but you began that club :D
Nice one Chad!
Leverlock switchblades