11" Picklock

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

11" Picklock

Post by Bonzo »

Gent's,

Here's an 11" Dark Horn Kris picklock I recently picked up from our friend LEER13. Lee had this one at the Salem show, and after I got home, I sent him a message that I wanted it. This puppy has a nice solid click and a magnificent Kris blade. These old Kris blades are dull on both sides. The ultimate stabbing device :twisted: I also had a buddy of Nemo make a nice oak display box for it.

Best Regard's,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Bonz,

Nice catch! From the photo, it looks like it is in great condition. Given that it is an old picklock, can I assume that the bolsters are NS? Also, is the backspring / kickspring thicker than on a new 11 inch stiletto?

Jim
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

jim d, wrote:Bonz,

Nice catch! From the photo, it looks like it is in great condition. Given that it is an old picklock, can I assume that the bolsters are NS? Also, is the backspring / kickspring thicker than on a new 11 inch stiletto?

Jim

Mr. Jim D,

Let's see. Here's the new picklock I got last year compared to the older one. Note the button placement.

If you look hard enough, you can tell the liners are thicker on the old one, plus the bolsters are thicker.

Kinda fuzzy shots, but you can tell the dif.

I just got that new one back from Nemo. I'll be damned if the scale came loose.

Best Regard's,

Bonz
Thomas Jefferson
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Bonz,

Thanks for the comparason shots. It also appears that the spring is thicker on the vintage knife.

Jim
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Bonz
Nice pick. Any markings?
PB
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus

Post by Bonzo »

Mr. Jim D,

Thicker spring, liner, blade, everything.

Mr. PB,

M. Italy

Best Regard's,

Bonz
Thomas Jefferson
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

[quote="Bonzo"][quote="jim d,"]Bonz,

Jim[/quote]

Mr. Jim D,

Let's see. Here's the new picklock I got last year compared to the older one. Note the button placement.
[img]http://images2.fotki.com/v18/photos/4/4 ... ck5-vi.jpg[/img]

If you look hard enough, you can tell the liners are thicker on the old one, plus the bolsters are thicker.
[img]http://images2.fotki.com/v18/photos/4/4 ... ck4-vi.jpg[/img]

Kinda fuzzy shots, but you can tell the dif.
[img]http://images2.fotki.com/v18/photos/4/4 ... ck3-vi.jpg[/img]

I just got that new one back from Nemo. I'll be damned if the scale came loose.

Best Regard's,

Bonz[/quote]
Bonz,
Did that scale pop loose again??...it seemed pretty tight......Nemo
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus

Post by Bonzo »

Mr. Nemo,

Everything is fine. Things like that I usually fix myself, but there is only a few of those from AKC in existence, and I can't seem to get any word if more are to be expected. Too bad they don't size up to the old ones.

Best Regard's,

Bonz
Thomas Jefferson
Skorpion

Post by Skorpion »

Mr. Bonzo,
Your knife is beautiful and brings back bitter sweet memories. On my trip to Mexico in 1960 I brought back an identical kriss blade pick, along with the bayonet pick I have posted. I'd give anything to have it back today...I sold it in a bar for beer money when I was young and foolish :cry:
Cheers,
Skorpion
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus

Post by Bonzo »

Skorpion wrote:Mr. Bonzo,
Your knife is beautiful and brings back bitter sweet memories. On my trip to Mexico in 1960 I brought back an identical kriss blade pick, along with the bayonet pick I have posted. I'd give anything to have it back today...I sold it in a bar for beer money when I was young and foolish :cry:
Cheers,
Skorpion

Mr. Skorpion,

Well then, make me an offer I can't refuse!

Best Regard's,

Bonz
Thomas Jefferson
Skorpion

Post by Skorpion »

Mr. Bonz,

Didn't realize you wanted to sell. I may be interested. PM me with details.

Cheers,

Skorpion