Thuya wood LCC Clones

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Trey45

Thuya wood LCC Clones

Post by Trey45 »

I love these knives, I got 2 of them a while ago, and got one more today.I looked up Thuyawood on the net, it seems it's either from Morroco or west africa, regardless, I love the burl to it.
I took the clip off one of the big ones.I really want to get the white micarta versions of these too.I can't help it, I like clones. They look good sitting in a case, and it sure beats spening 200+ dollars for the real Microtech Lightfoot Compact Combat knives. Maybe one day I'll buy the real deal, but till then, these LCC clones will do just fine.
Give us this day our daily lead.
mr_edge

Post by mr_edge »

I used to have one of those...they're pretty cool actually...and cheap! I like what you did to them..very nice indeed.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

:D
Texan

Post by Texan »

How much did you pay for the clone.

I got a Microtech *Mini* Lightfoot LCC *Clone* Dual/Action *Thuya Wood handled* for $15.95 a Microtech *Large* LCC *Clone* Pearl Handle for $25.00 and a Large Double Action Knife with White Micarta Handle for $25.00.

Tex
Trey45

Post by Trey45 »

I gave 13 dollars each for the large ones, and less than 10 dollars for the small one, ya gotta love those auctions!
lp

Post by lp »

how do those clones stack up in quality and performance?

they are so cheap!!!!!
Trey45

Post by Trey45 »

I've been clickin the little one for a couple weeks now no trouble. The larger one without the clip on it stopped closing so I removed the spring and decided to use it as a manual folder, when I ordered the new big one, the dealer included a sheet with adjusting instructions on it, the big one without the clip now has the spring back in it, and closes and opens every time. I figure as long as I keep the adjustments made, they will keep right on working. Best deal for the money I have found yet.
butch

Post by butch »

the quality isnt bad for the price the knife is heavy with a nice thick blade and good feel to it,when you get it you'll need to run it over the sharpener a few times though.
Trey45

Post by Trey45 »

If memory serves correctly, I think it was our own Mr. Claudester that had some white micarta lcc clones on thebladeauction.com not too long ago..... I just don't recall if they were the big uns or liddle uns.
butch

Post by butch »

Ive seen them in a few different places,stu has them in different scales too.
Trey45

Post by Trey45 »

Yup I just looked on stu's pages, he's got them for 11.00 bucks each for the big uns. Thats even better then what I gave for mine.
BossTone74

Re: Thuya wood LCC Clones

Post by BossTone74 »

I know I know, I’m resurrecting this thread looking for the mini LCC clone. ANYONE have one around?
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Haven't seen one of those in 20 years.
2024 candidate for president
BossTone74

Post by BossTone74 »

sammy the blade wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:41 am Haven't seen one of those in 20 years.
There is a hoarder among ya’ll somewhere....
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

I don't remember the mini ones.

Wonder what Butch and Trey are up to these days?