Skorpion's Picklock Stiletto

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Skorpion

Skorpion's Picklock Stiletto

Post by Skorpion »

Here's a pic of my 11" picklock I brought back from mexico in 1960. Comments welcome as I have no idea of it's worth.

Skorpion

mr_edge

Post by mr_edge »

Wow! She looks mint, and beautiful horn. A real beauty centerpiece to start building a collection around. No idea on the value (I'll leave that to the experts) but if you're looking to find a home for it, I'm likely within driving distance!!!!!! :D
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Mr. Skorpion,

Nice. As a novice knife junkie, and just by looking at the pic, I think it could fetch anywhere from $300 to $500 depending on how good of condition it really is, more if it's in mint condition. I would say its worth a helluva lot more than you paid for it. Nice investment.

Best Regard's,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
Skorpion

Post by Skorpion »

mr_edge wrote:Wow! She looks mint, and beautiful horn. A real beauty centerpiece to start building a collection around. No idea on the value (I'll leave that to the experts) but if you're looking to find a home for it, I'm likely within driving distance!!!!!! :D
Glad you like it man, but it's not for sale at any price. It's been with me for over 40 years and will be till I'm not here to push the button anymore :lol:
Skorpion

Post by Skorpion »

Bonzo wrote:Mr. Skorpion,

Nice. As a novice knife junkie, and just by looking at the pic, I think it could fetch anywhere from $300 to $500 depending on how good of condition it really is, more if it's in mint condition. I would say its worth a helluva lot more than you paid for it. Nice investment.

Best Regard's,

Bonz
Hmmm...Didn't know it was worth any way near that much. All the more precious to me now. Converting pesos to canadian dollars in 1960, I would think I paid approximately $2.50 :D

Cheers,

Skorpion
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

That is a maginficent work of art! :D
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Mr. Skorpion,

I'm expecting a 11" Kris Picklock to arrive here in the near future, and I will guarantee you I paid a helluva lot more than $2.50 for it. Too bad you couldn't have scored of bunch of those at that price.

Best Regard's,

Bonz
Thomas Jefferson
Skorpion

Post by Skorpion »

Bonzo wrote:Mr. Skorpion,

I'm expecting a 11" Kris Picklock to arrive here in the near future, and I will guarantee you I paid a helluva lot more than $2.50 for it. Too bad you couldn't have scored of bunch of those at that price.

Best Regard's,

Bonz
Bonzo...The sad part of our trip to mexico in 1960 was that we brought back around thirty switches between the three of us. I had an identical mate to this one with a kris blade that I didn't appreciate at the age of 19, so I sold it in a bar one night for beer money. I'm still kicking my ass for that. :( I also had a couple of 9" picklock horn stilettos, and two or three 11" swing guards with "rizzuto estileto milano" on the blades which met a similar fate if memory serves. Also had three lever locks of various sizes with the bullfighter on one side and a dragon on the other. I still have one swing guard and one lever lock in my possession today. The swing guard is in rough shape from years of use (abuse), but the lever lock is still in good shape. The picklock pictured here was always my favorite so it came through unsold, and undamaged. I kept it oiled in a locked box and never flicked it much, and whenever I closed it I held the button in and then let off when the blade was in place. I didn't want it to get loose like some of the others. Glad I did, because it's as tight today as the day I bought it. :) Just wish I had all those knives back now, they sure would have been treated differently. Oh well, things could have been worse if I had sold or destroyed all of them. :lol:
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus

Post by Bonzo »

Mr. Skorpion,

I still have my first Rizzuto laying around out in the shop somewhere. A first rate piece of junk, but it quenched my thirst for spring steel when I first bought it at a rummage sale for $1. I cant believe these things are selling for $100 now days. Way beyond my $10 limit on Rizzuto's. If you want to talk real Rizzuto history, ask Mr. ray, he's the resident expert bar-none on the Rizzuto.

Best Regard's,

Bonz
Thomas Jefferson
Skorpion

Post by Skorpion »

Your right Bonzo, the quality of the rizzuto is crap compared to the genuine stiletto's. I guess that's why I use it to satisfy my craving to snap a switch open when ever I need a fix :lol: They do snap open nice though, and make a little extra noise as the guard snaps into position. Gotta love that sound!
Cheers,
Skorpion
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

I can't make out the markings on the blade,what does it say? For a knife bot south of the border it sure looks like it came from Italy. Please post any markings it will help put a value on it.
PB
Skorpion

Post by Skorpion »

Pushbutton...the markings are "M.ITALY" and "INOX" in an enclosed circle. I've been told that was one of the common markings on a circa 1950's picklock.
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Well you bot it in Mexico but like I thought it is Italian. Yeah they did use M.Italy as far as INOX that is still being used to this day. What is it an 11"? Nice horn. Yours isn't one of those magic named sought after Picks. So the price wouldn't be through the roof like say an Edwin Jay etc. But it will still bring you some good solid cash if you decide to sell.
PB
Skorpion

Post by Skorpion »

PB
By what you are saying it sounds like I've got a semi-valuable knife of the period. Good investment and I'm going to hold on to it for now, but may decide to part with it down the road. Yes it's an 11" knife.
Skorpion