Pro-Tech Godson and Don

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
jim d,

Pro-Tech Godson and Don

Post by jim d, »

Modern style knives are not my usual collecting interest so these are a bit of a departure for me.

The Godson is the familiar "tuxedo" version with a black anodized frame and white micarta inserts.

The Don is from a special run for AIK. It has chrysocolla stone inserts and a MOP button insert. It has a little factory filework which I can live without, but don't find obtrusive. The length is between that of a Godson and a Godfather.

One nice thing about these is that there is no need to perform my usual incoming inspection (blade peek, blade centering, blade play, banana, etc.), but I did so anyway and found no issues at all. The usual cleaning and polishing I perform upon receipt of a knife is totally unnecessary. Both open very fast. Felt recoil with the Don is considerably less probably due to the lower mass of the slender blade. Both have 154-CM steel.

Jim
Godson.jpg
Godson.jpg (647.47 KiB) Viewed 4934 times
Don 1.jpg
Don 1.jpg (619.28 KiB) Viewed 4934 times
Don 2.jpg
Don 2.jpg (835.54 KiB) Viewed 4934 times
LD57

Re: Pro-Tech Godson and Don

Post by LD57 »

Hey! Pro-Tech copied Ganzo! (just kidding).
Those are nice. If I ever buy a Godson, it will be the Tuxedo.
sammy the blade

Re: Pro-Tech Godson and Don

Post by sammy the blade »

The Ganzo's aren't bad at all, especially for the money. They make some well made auto's, and when I bought mine I paid less than $20 for them on Amazon, probably can't find them for that anymore.
2024 candidate for president