10 in. Renzo Pascotto

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
jim d,

10 in. Renzo Pascotto

Post by jim d, »

Just received this 10in. Renzo Pascotto and I'm more than impressed. Granted, it is the first Italian stiletto I have bought in over 15 years. It seems to address all of my perceived shortcomings of modern Italian stilettos:
Most seem dainty and flimsy, this one is thick and robust
Most have thin, cheap feeling safety buttons, just look at the photo of the safety on this one
I have difficulty picking most picklocks, look at the tab on this one
5 mm backspring, speaks for itself
Many arrive with minor defects, this has none, fit and finish are superb

It is my first 10 in. model. I own stilettos from 2 1/2 in. to 18 in. and always thought 10 in. would be ideal. Now I have one. This one came from a run of 40 or 50? released early this year. My understanding is that Renzo P is 85 years old so it is quite possible that this was his last or nearly last batch of knives of any style. My only regret is that I didn't start buying these as they became available years ago.

Jim
Renzo P 3.jpg
Renzo P 3.jpg (484.24 KiB) Viewed 8119 times
Renzo Back 2.jpg
Renzo Back 2.jpg (767.97 KiB) Viewed 8119 times
thom

Re: 10 in. Renzo Pascotto

Post by thom »

You got a pretty one. They are really well made. Congrats
NorthCarolinaDude

Post by NorthCarolinaDude »

It's gorgeous Jim. Congrats! I've managed to pick up two 10 inch picklocks in the last few weeks here myself! I got one of these new Renzos that was offered here and it's a definite beast. Everything you pointed out was present. Then just a few days ago I finally scored an AGA 10 inch.

I've never had any 10 inch picklocks, outside of the two Frosolones I have, one AGA and one Renzo.

I'm gonna try to get some "family" pics up soon. The 3 Renzos for sure and since the AGA is Ram's horn I'm gonna try a picture of it with my Renzo Beltrame 13 inch Kris in Ram's horn and my Frank 11 inch swinger in Ram's horn. Should make for an interesting grouping!

Congrats on that sweet honey horn picklock brother, it's a looker indeed! An investment quality stiletto for sure.

Scott
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Jim

What a great looking knife. 8)

The horn is stunning as is the build quality . Lòoks solid and as well built as the old maniago knives.

I have no modern italians and likely never will due to my countries pathetic stance on these works of art,but 10 " is just about the right size for a switchblade imho.

Thanks for posting it,and i'll bet you will be adding to it if more come along.

Hope your well mate.
Ian
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Absolutely gorgeous, Jim! I've been a great big fan of these 10"-5mm picklocks as soon as I found my first! D stamped, fully brass lined, nickel silver hardware, 2-piece slip in spring...just so well built.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
NorthCarolinaDude

And maybe I'm looking in the wrong places too, but Pascotto's stamps seem to have become even more rare to market!

I hear shows are a good place to go if one is looking. Or fishing on FB, which isn't really my thing as I only manage to check those places out once or twice a week and you've gotta be quick there!!

I keep hoping I'll catch one of his batwings offered somewhere, or pray to the Good Lord, one of those 13.5 inch Frosolones with his stamp!! Or any of the modern 13 inch Frosolones (AGA, Renzo or MiI).

Alas, patience pays off when I think about it as I have managed to punch down my "list" significantly over this year, so here's to hoping the next will be equally successful.

The hunt, as always, continues!

Until then, cheers gents.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Nice one!
victors

Post by victors »

bad ass knife i have been looking for a ten inch forever any tips on how to get one thank you
boots

Post by boots »

That's a beautiful knife! I have a few 9" and 8 11", a 10" would be a perfect carry size.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Beautiful knife Jim !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
boots

Post by boots »

https://youtu.be/XAj9nSmTxkA
The man makes beautiful knives!
NorthCarolinaDude

boots wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 11:28 pm https://youtu.be/XAj9nSmTxkA
The man makes beautiful knives!
The flinch as it fires makes one smile...the things we bi-peds do. :)

May each of us have a better or best New Year. Cheers!

Scott
button_man

Post by button_man »

Interesting to compare the differences between your recent Pascotto and my 2017 Pascotto !
-- different style lock tab; no rear bolster; steel vs brass; different bayo cut ........

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=30327&p=313930#p313930
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

how did I miss this?, nice size, good score Jim.