My Latamas

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
boots

My Latamas

Post by boots »

My Latama collection to date. From left to right, Black Forest Stag picklock, Ram Horn picklock, Dark Brazilian Horn picklock, French Horn Tip classic, Pinecone Resin (with Ruby insert) classic, Blonde Honey Horn (with Golden Topaz insert) classic.

Last edited by boots on Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
boots

Re: My Latamas

Post by boots »

Forgot to mention these are 11" beauties.
boots

Post by boots »

rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

nice family of Latama's boots, keep up the good work.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Beautiful set. Never heard of a few of the names you used for the handles? "Dark Forest stag"?
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Agreed, beautiful set. Regarding the scale types, I remember reading about the manufacturing process for "pinecone resin". Yours looks very attractive.

Jim
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

boots

Wonderful set of quality knives ,all with beautiful scale materials.

I particularly love that pine resin example,something I have never seen till now ,and the work on the spring and liners is stunning.

Fine group of blades, congrats 8)

gravknife
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Beauties!
sprink

Post by sprink »

What a lineup , Beautiful knives. I have one with bone scales ordered, can't wait to get it in my hands.
kniferunner

Post by kniferunner »

Very nice group. I have about 15 or so. Have sold most swivels and am now concentrating only on picklocks. Luv them all, though.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Super sweet collection you have! Welcome aboard.
2024 candidate for president
MarkR

Post by MarkR »

Awesome Latama collection, congratulations
NorthCarolinaDude

Post by NorthCarolinaDude »

Those are some sexy stilettos for sure. I almost grabbed one of those customs when they first landed this year. I had signed up to be notified when new knives are available and got lucky one night. I was checking my email, which I'm not very regular to do, and there was the notification email with a link that just popped up while I was in email. So I clicked and bam I was on the site and there were a bunch of customs. I sat there looking them over, hemming and hawing with my budgetary consciousness, and ultimately decided to check back the next day. When I did go back, much less than a full 24 hours, most were gone and I think there were only 2 9 inch variations left, neither of which had made my "list."

It was then that I realized how fast their knives moved after each is posted up! A hard lesson to learn for me because I had my heart set on a couple of them. Suffice to say, I now check almost twice daily!! :)

Peace.
Cragar

Post by Cragar »

Congratulations on a great-looking (and well-built) set of knives!

Craig
boots

Post by boots »

NorthCarolinaDude wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:38 am Those are some sexy stilettos for sure. I almost grabbed one of those customs when they first landed this year. I had signed up to be notified when new knives are available and got lucky one night. I was checking my email, which I'm not very regular to do, and there was the notification email with a link that just popped up while I was in email. So I clicked and bam I was on the site and there were a bunch of customs. I sat there looking them over, hemming and hawing with my budgetary consciousness, and ultimately decided to check back the next day. When I did go back, much less than a full 24 hours, most were gone and I think there were only 2 9 inch variations left, neither of which had made my "list."

It was then that I realized how fast their knives moved after each is posted up! A hard lesson to learn for me because I had my heart set on a couple of them. Suffice to say, I now check almost twice daily!! :)

Peace.
I know what you mean, I had bought a couple of 11" knives and thought, I would like a 9" but when I went back, they were all gone.