Some of my favorite autos

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Millern

Some of my favorite autos

Post by Millern »

Here’s is the “bulk” of my auto collection, submitted to your perusal. Some of them are “rebuilds or repairs”, limited by my tools and expertise. A few have been previously posted, here and elsewhere. (I think I need some “focus”!)
https://i.vgy.me/Xh7kaI.jpg
https://i.vgy.me/WF7RgL.jpg
Last edited by Millern on Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Re: Some of my favorite autos

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

nice autos!!.
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Great knives 8)

I have no American switchblades ,they never showed up where I could buy Autos from unfortunately.

Love the leverlocks shown aswell.

Really wish I could have got one of those paratrooper knives ,fills both my militaria and switchblade collecting needs perfectly.
Thanks for sharing them.

Ian
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Cool!
Millern

Post by Millern »

Thanks! In regard to the orange flight crew knives, I’m happy to have one from all three of the contractors. Unfortunately, the Logan Smyth knife has scales that someone painted black and then sanded most of the paint off, giving the orange/black speckled look. Otherwise, the knife works and looks as “new”.
Cragar

Post by Cragar »

Very nice collection! Thanks for sharing.
NorthCarolinaDude

Post by NorthCarolinaDude »

Nice set brother! I have a couple of those EdgeCo knives. The 2nd and 3rd from the bottom. The little brass and wood leverlock and the pull to deploy knife, or whatever one might call it. I've had them both for decades, bought them back in the day straight from the Edge catalog!

Bob has one of those "pull" knives up on SD right now. They're an interested concept but they were made so cheaply by whomever Edge contracted with, and apparently they're not readily common these days. Probably because the survivor rate was low. I swear when I deploy the one I have that it makes the same noise my grandmother's screen door used to make when I'd pluck the spring on the door to make a noise. :)

Thanks for sharing the pics. Take care. Scott
Mario

Post by Mario »

NorthCarolinaDude wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:37 pm Nice set brother! I have a couple of those EdgeCo knives. The 2nd and 3rd from the bottom. The little brass and wood leverlock and the pull to deploy knife, or whatever one might call it. I've had them both for decades, bought them back in the day straight from the Edge catalog!

Bob has one of those "pull" knives up on SD right now. They're an interested concept but they were made so cheaply by whomever Edge contracted with, and apparently they're not readily common these days. Probably because the survivor rate was low. I swear when I deploy the one I have that it makes the same noise my grandmother's screen door used to make when I'd pluck the spring on the door to make a noise. :)

Thanks for sharing the pics. Take care. Scott
I scored one of those EdgeCo pull release knives recently. It is possible to open it one handed, but it’s kind of awkward as you need to make a loop with the leather pull chord, put your index finger through the loop while you rest the back of the knife on top your other three fingers and give it a little yank with your index. It appears they were made in Mexico as that is what is stamped on my knife. They’re kind of like an automatic version of the old 007 folding knives.
Millern

Post by Millern »

Thanks for the positive comments! I bought what I could afford at the time from EdgeCo.
I think I “fixed” the other link so it can be viewed. There are a couple of EdgeCo autos there also.
MarkR

Post by MarkR »

Nice collection!!
Ryckee

Post by Ryckee »

Wow very nice collection
jerryk25

Post by jerryk25 »

in the first photo . . is third from left, pointed down, pearl shell wrap cigar jack. . .

I Have 1 working one in a shiny but over buffed condition. . . was my favorite in my 20's.
I bought 3 more in worse condition. . .non-flicking wall hangers. . .
Millern

Post by Millern »

Yep. I also like the old shell wrapped Imperials and Hammer Brands. I’ve gotten better at making and replacing broken springs. (Like Bill DeShivs has mentioned, the tabs on the handles have to be bent carefully, and not too many times, or they will break.)