A Few Manual Swing Guards

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
sammy the blade

Re: A Few Manual Swing Guards

Post by sammy the blade »

Comes in a dark blue can same brand. When I was in my teens and early twenty's, about 100 years ago all beer was 6 percent. Guess they figured out a way to make more money. Less alcohol you gotta drink more before the fat midget girls start looking good, unless you're in to that freely stuff.
2024 candidate for president
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

whippersnapper wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:54 am We haven't paid for cable or Tv since about 1998. Just an old antenna on the roof.
Does that still work? I have an old rabbit ear antenna TV in my attic and I had been wondering if it would actually still pick up anything.

Don't think I ever seen the 6% stuff. Unless you are talking about the natural ice stuff.
Haha...that is exactly what he is talking about, Natural Ice. When I was in High School my friend had a party and got a keg that everyone thought was Heineken because it had a Heineken sticker on it. The next day he asked me to take the empty keg back to the party store for the deposit. Before I turned it in, I decided I wanted to keep the sticker. When I tried to grab it, it fell right off and under it there was a Natural Ice sticker. When he got the keg, he had found a Heineken sticker on the ground and put it over the Natural Ice sticker to make everyone think it was Heineken.
Killgar

Post by Killgar »

JimBrown257 wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:41 am
whippersnapper wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:54 am We haven't paid for cable or Tv since about 1998. Just an old antenna on the roof.
Does that still work? I have an old rabbit ear antenna TV in my attic and I had been wondering if it would actually still pick up anything.
I gave up cable back in 2016, been using $12 rabbit ear antennas from Best Buy ever since. I believe there is a Federal law that says local tv stations must provide an antenna signal. I get all of my local stations, several national stations, and a lot of Mexican stations (I'm in San Diego) all clear as a bell.

You do have to position the antenna in the right place, and you'll get much better reception if you attach some wire to it and string it around the room.

But I get most of my entertainment through the internet (connect my laptop to my tv). There are several websites that show free movies, tv series, and all manner of online series. The people who run these sites clearly don't care about the copyrights of the studios, and neither do I. For example- I watched Top Gun: Maverick last night on one of those sites, a full-screen, crystal-clear theatrical version, not some crappy bootleg. You have to click past a lot of ads to eventually watch something (if you don't have an ad blocker) but it's worth it.

For me those sites are like a dream come true- almost every movie and tv show ever made available for free, 24/7/365, and as close as my laptop.

Searching through those sites I've found and watched movies I haven't seen in decades, and thought I would never see again.

I'm currently re-watching all 6 seasons of The Rockford Files, uncut and without commercials. One of my all-time favorite tv shows.

I'm also watching the old tv series version of "The Equalizer" :D
Avatar- Ti-Lite Auto Conversion. Video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q79nia-_DzU

My youtube knife channel- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjSYCK ... 3s5HNcsL5A
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Yep, what Kilger said. The only thing I might add is if you have a real old TV you still need the old conversion box that they made people get when they first started switching over to digital. The newer TV's are digital ready.

As far as using rabbit ears, they don't pull much in for us because the closest station is over 40 miles but with the roof antenna we get quite a few. Our internet is still hit or miss reliable but most times it works well enough to stream netflicks of Amazon prime movies as well as the free stuff kilger mentioned.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

JimBrown257 wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:41 am

Don't think I ever seen the 6% stuff. Unless you are talking about the natural ice stuff.
Haha...that is exactly what he is talking about, Natural Ice. When I was in High School my friend had a party and got a keg that everyone thought was Heineken because it had a Heineken sticker on it. The next day he asked me to take the empty keg back to the party store for the deposit. Before I turned it in, I decided I wanted to keep the sticker. When I tried to grab it, it fell right off and under it there was a Natural Ice sticker. When he got the keg, he had found a Heineken sticker on the ground and put it over the Natural Ice sticker to make everyone think it was Heineken.
Lol, that would have been fine with me. Heineken always tasted like skunk piss to me.

PS- Sorry Tom for hijacking your thread talking about cheap beer... :mrgreen:
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Have to agree on the Hiney, skunk piss or nasty ass but there are a lot of people drinking skunk piss anymore.
2024 candidate for president
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Yeah Terry...I am taking my Swing guards and putting them back in the safe!!
Jackalope

Post by Jackalope »

sammy the blade wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:38 pm Have to agree on the Hiney, skunk piss or nasty ass but there are a lot of people drinking skunk piss anymore.
I like my beer and my smoke skunky
Jackalope

Post by Jackalope »

Tom19176 wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:16 am Yeah Terry...I am taking my Swing guards and putting them back in the safe!!
Hi Tom, that is an impressive collection. Did you buy them in bulk or one at a time? I don't think I have seen many of the acrylic handles. Maybe they did that on the manuals?
Jackalope

Post by Jackalope »

whippersnapper wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:54 am
PS- Haven't been able to find Hamms since I mentioned it to you the other day. Had to go back to Natural light. Seems like everytime I start to like something it goes away.
What state are you in? I have liked Hamm's since the 70's.
Jackalope

Post by Jackalope »

whippersnapper wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:01 pm Don't think I ever seen the 6% stuff. Unless you are talking about the natural ice stuff.
When we were young, Ohio had 3.2% for ages 18-21. After that you could buy the higher alcohol stuff.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Jackalope wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:54 pm
PS- Haven't been able to find Hamms since I mentioned it to you the other day. Had to go back to Natural light. Seems like everytime I start to like something it goes away.
Michigan
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

I bought them one or two at a time. There are pearlex autos out there at least in white....
Jackalope

Post by Jackalope »

whippersnapper wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:57 pm
Jackalope wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:54 pm
Michigan
I recently moved to Northwest Ohio. A couple miles South of Morenci MI.