Pastor Aleman

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JulesVane

Pastor Aleman

Post by JulesVane »

Got this little 7.25" leverlock, Pastor Aleman stamp front, stainless steel stamp back. Appears nickel silver bolsters, steel liners. We've seen the Pastor Aleman stamp on a limited amount of the Japanese "Rizzy" knives. Safe to assume this leverlock is Japanese made as well? Maybe another Mexican Tourist knife?

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
jim d,

Re: Pastor Aleman

Post by jim d, »

As collectors, isn't it great to acquire the unique oddball examples? Thanks for sharing.

Jim
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Yes. It's the same basic pattern as the bull fighter knives, only nicer.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Thank you, Jim and Bill, for taking a look.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Very nice one. I was always on the fence it these were from Korea ( Bell Metal) of Japan. but in looking at yours, I agree japan.
HLangston

Post by HLangston »

I have Pastor Aleman ("German Shepherd") on the tang of a 9" Rizzuto, with a little dog's head above it.

I figured it was a contract knife, sourced from the same Japanese company that sent tons of Rizzuto's through Tijuana.

Construction and condition is ten times better than any Rizzuto I've ever owned.
Herb