Oldie but goodie

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Vietnamvet

Oldie but goodie

Post by Vietnamvet »

This is my 22 year old 9 Inch Armando Beltram Stag AUS-8 switchblade. Fires as it did when new. Can anyone tell me what this is worth today?
Attachments
AB9INCHSTAG.JPG
AB9INCHSTAG.JPG (540.49 KiB) Viewed 7280 times
sammy the blade

Re: Oldie but goodie

Post by sammy the blade »

What ever someone is willing to pay for it and at least what you originally paid for it.
2024 candidate for president
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

The blade looks to be seriously worn from sharpening.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
NorthCarolinaDude

Post by NorthCarolinaDude »

I have an AB in stag that I bought from NicNac back in 05 or 06, somewhere. I don't have many stag stilettos but out of the few I have I remember it well. I recall it having thick rugged stag and a cool looking AB stamp, being heavy and firing strong, has good "purchase" as they used to say in weapon handling. It's either 11 or 13 inches. I'll have to dig it out. I had forgot about it until not long ago when I was running a search in MS Money and I found my entry and memo for the check I sent them. Turns out I bought that AB and a couple of Frank B's in horn. Alas, not long after that acquisition the kids started to get mobile and that slowed my hobbies for a long, long time.

It looks nice, did you use it much? Anyhow, as said, it's easily worth what you paid for it as long as it hasn't had a hard life, and the longer you have it the more that value should become. I'm starting to wonder if we're not seeing these classic traditional styles starting to disappear. But who knows, maybe they're made in batches and we'll see the market full of newly made Italian classic styled stilettos soon! Picklocks and swingers too!! And of all type of scale...damnit...please! :D

Peace.
Redblade7956

Post by Redblade7956 »

Love it.