DELCIMA- MANIAGO

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JulesVane

DELCIMA- MANIAGO

Post by JulesVane »

Here's a stamp we don't see all that often: DELCIMA (Del Ben- Cimarosti) 8" Lever Lock. Some sort of imitation picked bone(?) (Celluloid), of which, I have heard the horror stories of the gassing and what damage that causes. Though, these scales appear to be in perfect condition, I'm hoping to hear/consult with Bill on any possible preventive maintenance. So...here's my Delcima, from the 1950's factory of Attilio Del Ben and Raffaele Cimarosti, Maniago....

Last edited by JulesVane on Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
sammy the blade

Re: DELCIMA- MANIAGO

Post by sammy the blade »

Nice one! Don't know what causes gassing but if it's not doing it by now it probably won't.
2024 candidate for president
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Sammy...I was thinking the exact same thing. Then I considered the fact, that the knife was never owned by a person with quite my luck, or, lack thereof...lmao!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

That is a very nice and unique knife, Chris. I have never seen one like it. Consider yourself lucky for finding it and thanks for sharing.

Jim
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Nice ! It looks German if I saw it in a display !
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

jim d, wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:24 pm That is a very nice and unique knife, Chris. I have never seen one like it. Consider yourself lucky for finding it and thanks for sharing.

Jim
Thanks so much Jim, but, actually you did see one before. You were part of Belmont800's post on SD Forum and commented on his exact same model and stamp. You commented on his Monday, January 23rd, 2012 at 7;20pm to be precise :lol: . The only other one I've ever seen. But, don't feel bad for not remembering, as it's perfectly understandable. Nearly 10 years have past since another has now appeared.
Last edited by JulesVane on Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Tom19176 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:13 am Nice ! It looks German if I saw it in a display !
Totally agreed Tom. Not sure about the swedge in the blade, as that sure leans towards Italy to me. Otherwise, a German slimline, it sure does resemble.

rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

nice find Chris, as for the gassing, that must be me lol.
big_slim

Post by big_slim »

Supposedly degrading celluloid releases a vinegar type smell, does it smell like vinegar? Awesome find!
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Well Chris, apparently I forgot about it :oops: Thanks for jogging my memory.

Regarding the comments about it looking German, I almost posted the same, and would have if it didn't have the swedge blade which I associate (perhaps erroneously) with Italian knives. I even went so far as to retrieve my Hubertus slimline model from my knife chest. The similarity is remarkable. The only visible difference is the lines in the bottom bolster.

Jim
TazmanTom

Post by TazmanTom »

What a beauty, the swedge is the kicker for me... Tom