11" Antonio Contini

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
thom

11" Antonio Contini

Post by thom »

Just got this the other day. USPS or whoever is handling mail took they time. Sat in Italy for 6-7 weeks then here in US for another 2-3 weeks. But , finally arrived. Well worth the wait. Beautiful polished Ram's Horn scales, really fast deployment with rock solid lock-up. Super sharp blade, my fingers will attest to that.
I think I am going to order another but with light Ram's Horn and 9" to go with the 11".
Thom
Antonio Cantini (3).JPG
Antonio Cantini (3).JPG (27.02 KiB) Viewed 3625 times
Antonio Cantini (2).JPG
Antonio Cantini (2).JPG (28.21 KiB) Viewed 3625 times
Antonio Cantini (1).JPG
Antonio Cantini (1).JPG (25.82 KiB) Viewed 3625 times
whippersnapper

Re: 11" Antonio Contini

Post by whippersnapper »

Pretty slick!
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Wow Thom - that looks like a proverbial masterpiece. Even the case appears magnificent.

Jim
arms switch

Post by arms switch »

he's switchblades are very quality
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

WOW, WOW! Really impressive!
2024 candidate for president
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

thom that is on killer auto,the wait payed off.
Corvus

Post by Corvus »

She's a beauty, Thom. He did a great job matching the scales. Interesting how he changes his choice of pin placement from knife to knife.
Chris51P

Post by Chris51P »

Great looking knife, Thom. I've never seen ram's horn finished completely smooth like that. All the ram's horn I've seen has the textured finish of the horn. Even the one custom French that I have has some minimal texture.
French Lever.jpg
French Lever.jpg (105.27 KiB) Viewed 3405 times
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

I'm liking that one, Chris!
thom

Post by thom »

Me too Chris. A beauty.
Corvus, I didn't notice the pin placement. I'll bet my horn had some twist or bowing hence the pins used to hold the scales down. Your pins are symmetric, probably nice flat horn. Just a guess.
Chris51P

Post by Chris51P »

thom wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:32 am Me too Chris. A beauty.
Corvus, I didn't notice the pin placement. I'll bet my horn had some twist or bowing hence the pins used to hold the scales down. Your pins are symmetric, probably nice flat horn. Just a guess.
Hey Thom - If you look at Contini's knives, they almost always have more pins than what we r use to seeing. No matter what the scale material. I think this has to do more with how substantial the knives r that he builds. i.e. bigger springs, wider bodies and blades. I haven't seen many of his knives that r less than 11". Maybe a few, but he tends to make knives on the big side. Even in his non-auto knives, he uses more pins than one would think is necessary. I've never seen one of his knives in person, but from pictures u can tell these r very well made knives. Congrats on a beauty.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Somehow I missed the statement about the rams horn scales. Beautiful execution of rams horn!

Jim
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

jim d, wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:35 pm Somehow I missed the statement about the rams horn scales. Beautiful execution of rams horn!

Jim
I missed that too! Was pretty busy when first post made to this topic. Very nice knife.
thom

Post by thom »

Chris51P wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:16 pm
thom wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:32 am Me too Chris. A beauty.
Hey Thom - If you look at Contini's knives, they almost always have more pins than what we r use to seeing. No matter what the scale material. I think this has to do more with how substantial the knives r that he builds. i.e. bigger springs, wider bodies and blades. I haven't seen many of his knives that r less than 11". Maybe a few, but he tends to make knives on the big side. Even in his non-auto knives, he uses more pins than one would think is necessary. I've never seen one of his knives in person, but from pictures u can tell these r very well made knives. Congrats on a beauty.
Thanks, That makes me feel better. I think I am going to have him build me a 9" in the future.
texans123

Post by texans123 »

Amazing and beautiful knife :D