L. C. M. ?

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JulesVane

L. C. M. ?

Post by JulesVane »

I could swear I've seen these initials on a tang before, somewhere, but can't find it again. For all I know, this is the same knife I saw. If it is the same knife, possibly just a past owner's initials(?). If it's a different knife with this L. C. over M. on what I'd call the "primary" side of the tang, maybe it means something of a hint to the maker or importer? Does L. C. over M. ring a bell with anyone? The knife is a 60's swivel bolster, "D" stamped, 2-piece spring...Thanks!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Corvus

Re: L. C. M. ?

Post by Corvus »

No idea, but that's a nice looking transitional piece.
Jackalope

Post by Jackalope »

I've not seen it either. Is the rear tang stamped?
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Thanks Rick, and Jeff...Just INOX on the back tang. Seems odd someone would have found a blank front tang to add their initials, then not write their initials out directly across instead of L. C. OVER M.. But if a previous owner added their initials before it left Italy, because Italy would have been the only place with a blank front tang(?). OR, brought here by a tourist and added later. I'm sure you guys would have seen it before if it were a stamp of maker/importer.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

That's a factory marking.
I don't know who's.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
PlatonicSolid

Post by PlatonicSolid »

Maybe the M is for Maniago?
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Entirely possible.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Bill DeShivs wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:21 am That's a factory marking.
I don't know who's.
Thanks so much Bill! Factory marking sounds like good news to me!

JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

PlatonicSolid wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:25 am Maybe the M is for Maniago?
In my hopes, I had a thought of L. Coltellerie Maniago. But, wishful thinking and no thoughts on the "L."