"Newer" Wandy?

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Re: "Newer" Wandy?

Post by Bill DeShivs »

" Oh, and Bill's Italian Leverletto has top NS and bottom SS bolsters."

No, they don't. All the bolsters are nickel silver.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Bill DeShivs wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:35 am " Oh, and Bill's Italian Leverletto has top NS and bottom SS bolsters."

No, they don't. All the bolsters are nickel silver.
Please forgive me Bill. I myself, had always thought all the bolsters on your Leverletto were indeed nickel/silver. I must have got it in my thoughts from Adams Knifeworks false description. This is how they describe all the Leverletto's they sell on their site. Again, my apologies...

Built in Finger Guard on the top nickel silver bolster gives the "LeverLetto" a distinctive look. Fine Quality piece with superb action and rock-solid lock-up! Stainless Liners and bottom bolster. 4" mirror polished stainless blade is etched and features a false top edge.. Measures 9" overall. A must for your international collection! Includes a custom zippered pouch.
Overall Length: 9"
Blade Length: 4"
Blade Material: 440 Stainless
Handle Material: Brazilian Horn
Lock Type: Lever Lock
Safety: Yes
Bolster(s): Nickel Silver (Top)/Stainless (Bottom)
Liner(s): Stainless
Last edited by JulesVane on Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

I had a friend who pit a bugger in math book, does that count Terry?
2024 candidate for president
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

sammy the blade wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:08 am I had a friend who pit a bugger in math book, does that count Terry?
Huh?
HLangston

Post by HLangston »

The very first knife I acquired for my 16cm switchblade collection (excluding the 16cm switchblade my mom bought me in Milan in 1969) was a Wandy I found on eBay about 20 years ago. I guess it at 1965-1970.

Stainless swivel bolsters, black horn scales and flat grind blade. Blade stamp looks like this:

_
__
___
____
______
WANDY

except with the pyramid of lines spaced close together.
Herb
niceguy2

Post by niceguy2 »

Hey guys , just jumped in here . i have seen the combo of mis matched metals on Italian knives that had not been worked on , not to say the posted knife was made that way or not, just sayin ! Ive also seen every style of stiletto with this mark , right up to an obviously modern bayo grind swivel bolstered knife ,it is cool to see that " Wandy " stamped knives spanned the ages ...... so , who was WANDY ?
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

We've seen the non-swivel bolster brass lined and the swiveling bolster not brass lined multiple times on many of the 60's swivel bolster pieces. Here's an 11" Wandy that just sold on a popular sales site...same thing as mine in the OP. What material the bolster is on either...?

Rear brass lined:

Front not (flat back):

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
HLangston

Post by HLangston »

HLangston wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:38 am The very first knife I acquired for my 16cm switchblade collection (excluding the 16cm switchblade my mom bought me in Milan in 1969) was a Wandy I found on eBay about 20 years ago. I guess it at 1965-1970.

Stainless swivel bolsters, black horn scales and flat grind blade. Blade stamp looks like this:

_
__
___
____
______
WANDY

except with the pyramid of lines spaced close together.
I had the pyramid upside down. It looks like this:

http://www.greatanswers.com/personal/16cm_Wandy.jpg

Sorry for the link. I put all my switchblade photos on my FTP server, but can't get them to display as inline images.
Herb