B.V.&F. Large Stamp

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Jackalope

Re: B.V.&F. Large Stamp

Post by Jackalope »

Luke_of_Mass wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:37 am I say if the knife is nearly trashed, like the first BV&F I found was - restoration is almost always good thing.
I agree!
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

I agree as well.

Jim
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

I was just referring to polishing the bolsters actually. I realize “to each their own” on whether to allow patina or polish to shine. But I’ve heard so many say if you clean it, you’ll hurt the value. But, a 1950’s knife is still a 1950’s knife, clean or not. But, when there’s active rust on the kickspring/in the well, something has to be done. I’ve seen some newer collectors take the “do not clean” advice to the extreme of active rust rotting the ears/guards right off the bolsters, but nope, has to leave it alone, has to be “original”. I don’t feel the need to make a knife “look” old, when it already is. But, again, to each their own.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)