Jndiana Extra

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JulesVane

Jndiana Extra

Post by JulesVane »

Trying to search the forums on this Jndiana Extra shell puller, the only other post I could find was Terry's with his quite some time ago. Seeing a few conversations about them, I expected it to be 7", but this one is 8" (without the bale). Is that what the "extra" is in the stamp, a larger size? I guess the stamp is common: An Indian chief's head inside a triangular mountain over Jndiana over Extra. I read this was not a maker, but some form of company that had them made in Italy. I'm not a fan by any means of the imitation stag. Any info on the maker, possible production date or Jndiana is much appreciated! Thanks!

A side by side with my other Italian shell pullers. Jndiana, Rostfrei (Massaro?), AKC, A.G.A. Campolin and Jaguar...

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Re: Jndiana Extra

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Jndiana was a cutlery consortium of makers. A broker in Maniago, Italy.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Bill DeShivs wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:54 am Jndiana was a cutlery consortium of makers. A broker in Maniago, Italy.
Thanks Bill! Any idea when this knife was produced? It was advertised as 1960’s. Is that possible?

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

jmo but you have a scarce knife. Atleast not one shared much on the forums over the years.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

1960s-1970s
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Very nice group - thanks for sharing. I agree with Terry, the one at the top is a knife we rarely see.

Jim
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Thanks for the replies and info Bill, Terry & Jim! Terry, yours was the only one I saw pics of. It was mentioned that yours was 7”. I’m wondering if your Jndiana stamp had the “Extra” underneath? Maybe all the Jndiana stamps did. I’m just wondering why this one is 8” instead of 7”. Much like Bill’s 8” Leverletto and the larger 9” is the Leverletto “Plus”. Just possibly the “extra” is the larger size?

portlandmike

Post by portlandmike »

Great shellpuller lineup Chris !
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

portlandmike wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:33 pm Great shellpuller lineup Chris !
Thanks Mike! Someday, I'll find the right/vintage German Shell Puller (by "right", I mean that I can find AND afford! lol). But, it's Italian for now.

rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

thanx for the pix Chris,I like them all.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

JulesVane wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:00 pm Thanks for the replies and info Bill, Terry & Jim! Terry, yours was the only one I saw pics of. It was mentioned that yours was 7”. I’m wondering if your Jndiana stamp had the “Extra” underneath? Maybe all the Jndiana stamps did. I’m just wondering why this one is 8” instead of 7”. Much like Bill’s 8” Leverletto and the larger 9” is the Leverletto “Plus”. Just possibly the “extra” is the larger size?
Yes, it has the "Extra" on the stamp. The whole stamp on it is very light. Just about need a loop to see it through the open/close swish marks.

There is probably hundreds of them somewhere. I just haven't noticed too many through the years posted.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

I looked through LOTS of past posts on both forums and yours was the only one pictured. There was one other discussed and a member was going crazy looking for one. But, I noticed the attention was on the fact that both were 7”. I think the smaller size seemed to be the attraction. Like I mentioned, mine is 8” and there’s not much info I could find. I wish it had real stag scales, but ‘tis what it is. The only Jndiana I have.

whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Where did you get yours if you don't mind saying?

Seems like it was gunner that also had a 7 incher. I seem to recall someone else with one on sharperdeals some years back- Pretty sure it was also the small one. You would think autoknife would have a few..He has everything else...lol

Yours is the first 8 incher I can ever remember.
I wish it had real stag scales, but ‘tis what it is. The only Jndiana I have.
Yours actually looks kinda good. Mine looks like the worst faux stag plastic I have ever seen...lol It functions good but overall it is really a crappy tourist type knife imo. Bolster stamping and put together is far from the best.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

I think I got mine from gunbroker. Can’t recall where the seller was from. The length wasn’t listed in the ad, and I was surprised when it measured 8” instead of the 7” I expected.

Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Like the German knives these were copied from, they were made in both 10CM and 11CM sizes.