Newest addition to my collection - Walt's Latama picklock

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Fishtail Picklock

Re: Newest addition to my collection - Walt's Latama picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

Love that picklock! They're so cool. I have loved them since I was 8 years old. I want one just like it with a plain blade. Both a 9" and an 11" would be so neat! Face it, when the 9" comes out of the shirt/sport jacket pocket, the conversation/argument is over.
Fishtail Picklock
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Thom,
The Latama with the flush red dot is one that I assembled for Walt. I engraved the tang stamp, inlaid the red dot, and "threaded" the rear bolsters.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
thom

Post by thom »

Bill DeShivs wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:41 pm Thom,
The Latama with the flush red dot is one that I assembled for Walt. I engraved the tang stamp, inlaid the red dot, and "threaded" the rear bolsters.
Bill, thanks I did post it a few years ago when I bought it. I complimented you on the quality of your work. It is a super nice knife. Really cool stamp
Thom
ljerr2

Post by ljerr2 »

thom wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:39 am
Bill, thanks I did post it a few years ago when I bought it. I complimented you on the quality of your work. It is a super nice knife. Really cool stamp
Thom
It is a super nice and one of a kind knife. Priceless really. Only a fool would let it out of his hands................. :shock:
arms switch

Post by arms switch »

it is a pick lock
thom

Post by thom »

Bill, What does "threading" the bolster do? Is that the only one you did for Walt?
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

"Threading" is decorative lines cut into the bolster. I believe I have done a few more for Walt.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
thom

Post by thom »

Thanks Bill