Everybody wants the pictures of your knives! ;-)

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
arthas
Cutlery Town Warrior

Everybody wants the pictures of your knives! ;-)

Post by arthas »

Hi!

This new forum is dedicated to the posting of pictures of you knives and any other cutting object you might want to share with other users.

Images should be on another web site and then linked here using the "Img" tag feature of this software.

See you!

dexter
slappy / psychoticsumo

Post by slappy / psychoticsumo »

pic no longer available :(
Last edited by slappy / psychoticsumo on Tue Nov 05, 2002 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
switch67

Post by switch67 »

testing.......1...2
Waya

Pics By Switch67

Post by Waya »

Hey Switch,

Are these autos,,or manual with fake buttons from after the ban? I have a few of these and have been told they do not exist, I am refering to the release being in the rear. I also have a couple of humpbacks, with the release closer to the bolster.

Many yrs ago I had several that looked as these do but the button did nothing, and just had a spring behind it. Any chance of a pic of the tang stamps?? TY,,,,Waya
Walk In Peace Always,,if you can
switch67

Post by switch67 »

Hi Waya, These are just lockblades..not autos just like you've described.The buttons have a spring behind them,and all are stamped "stainless steel ITALY".I think horn was the only available scale for these 1970's 9" & 11" "False Button" stilettos.It was Italy's way of giving us collecters a "legal" switchblade looking knife.Too bad they only came with clip point blades .
Here's a shot of the tang stamps :wink:

Waya

Post by Waya »

Hi Switch,

Thank you for the pics and info. I will get mine out soon and look, but I believe my tang stamp is different on the autos, than on the non autos. When I got them in the very early 60's, I was told that, because the stiletto industry in Italy, was a huge part of the Export business that the new bans in the states, really hurt War Torn Italy. The ban was only 13 years after WW2's end. That in a small way Italy could make life more dificult for customs, with the fake button knives,,so they did. Customs had to check each knife to see if it was real or just a false button knife.

My autos look the same as the false button knives, and even have the nail nick. Shortly after, that, they found the not finished and kit loop hole, so stopped the making of both of these knives. I will post pics of both kinds when I get this posting thing figured out. TY, Again,,,Waya
Walk In Peace Always,,if you can