10" AGA

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
texans123

Re: 10" AGA

Post by texans123 »

Those are both very fine examples! :D
Capt. Willard

Post by Capt. Willard »

Very nice find! Lovely!
Corvus

Post by Corvus »

JulesVane wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:13 pm You know my love for these pieces Thom, and after extensive/constant searching...I was lucky enough to acquire only ONE in this blade grind with Ram Horn. So, yours, mine and one that recently sold at auction, I've now only seen a total of three...
Make that four. :)

thom

Post by thom »

Another exceptional AGA.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Ahh, I kinda' thought I was missing one Rick! That's a REALLY unique example with a red dot safety no less! That's the one & only I've seen with a red dot. Gorgeous in every way!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
ljerr2

Post by ljerr2 »

Wow! That one is a looker!!!!! Stunning knife - wish I had one in my collection just like it!!!
Hamnjam

Post by Hamnjam »

I bought the other ram horn picklock recently. Extremely beautiful knives and i feel lucky and honored to own it. It means even more to me having purchased it from a very good person. Mr. Campolin is one the greatest srtists as far as im concerned. You all have beautiful knives and thank you for sharing them. I do have one question for you experts. Why do many picklocks seem to banana a little bit? Mine looks like it does very slightly, and wathing 3knifves own videos on picklocks i see the same thing half the time. So im assuming with those being brand new that maybe its an accepted and normal thing with the production of picklocks? Id ask if it was an easy fix or adjustment, but i dont dare want to alter a masters work of art. So i curiously yet happily accept it yet wonder why it happens. Maybe being handmade, maybe like centering, sometimes they're just a little off.ill try and figure out how to post a photo.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Hi Hamnjam! You grabbed a nice one there. Not only is the blade grind rather uncommon (as you've read here), but I'm not even sure where the Ram Horn pieces came from. I never saw Angelo offer that scale material option on his site. Congrats! BTW: These pieces were actually designed by Renzo Pascotto and sold by A.G.A. Campolin.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Hamnjam

Post by Hamnjam »

Wow thats interesting, thank you for the info. I bought mine off of sharper deals about 2 or 3 weeks ago. I really dont know anything about it other than what ive read here. So of course all info on its history is appreciated. I wish i could upload a photo. Other than a slight color and pattern variation of the rams horn ,mine is exactly like the other rams horn pictured on this thread. I find it interesting to learn it was never offered for sale on 3knives. Makes me want to know about it even more. So as i understand it til now this is one of the early 2013 models, only 2 so far known with this grind and scale combination? But never offered for sale on 3knives? And theres only 150 total from that run. If you ever find out more please tell me. On a side note, i emailed mr. Campolin at 3knives when i bought it. I told him exactly what i bought and asked him for his autograph to display with it. Today i received a personalized autograph on an a.g.a. Certificate of authenticity. I think that was a very kind and classy gesture from him, and makes me treasure the knife even more. Also thank you to everyone for your warm welcome.
Hamnjam

Post by Hamnjam »

Hey jules, yeah i just got done reading some old buy/sell posts and came across your ram horn when you purchased it. Apparently we both shop at angels r us haha. Only thing with more class than our knives was the seller. That instantly explained alot. I was told Angelos son made our knives, and i have complete faith in the source.thats pretty much all i know though. So anything you learn i would love to know. We both have beautiful knives from an even more beautiful person, and im okay with that even if we never find out more. The knife is special to me for multiple reasons and im glad i met someone with one just like it. Our horns have different colors and patterns but otherwise are exact works of art.