Rosco Redux

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Corvus

Rosco Redux

Post by Corvus »

Since we're gettin' all Rosco around here, I thought I'd try to get some better pics of mine. The 28cm is near mint with a bug bite; the 23cm's definitely not, but it has my favorite horn of my humble collection. I just love it when the white section of a skunky-lookin' scale ages into that yellowish-ivory coloration.

The 23cm has an unusually large spatulate locktap for a Mauro Mario-made knife. At least, it's unusual in my experience (see the last pic). Anyone else have a Rosco with a big squarish locktab like that? It also has an unusually long--whadaya call it? Lockplate? Tang extension? Whatever, it's almost twice as long as the one on the 28cm. It's also got a big-ass stamp compared to its brother.

texans123

Re: Rosco Redux

Post by texans123 »

Beautiful Rosco's. The subtle variations you point out are interesting for sure. Checked my 8", no square locktab.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Geez Rick...You take some great photos!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Lucentcrow

Post by Lucentcrow »

Beauties
boblees812

Post by boblees812 »

That 28cm Blade looks like new . Both great looking knifes . Nice pics Thanks for posting
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

ahh Rosco,cool lookin stamp.
Corvus

Post by Corvus »

Thanks guys.