Black Widow N2

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
thom

Black Widow N2

Post by thom »

I was very fortunate to purchase this beauty. Right place at right time, with some help from friends.
This is Proto N2 in Brazilian Horn. 2 of the 4 made were Brazilian Horn, 1 in stag and the other dark horn with MOP inlays. This is what you would expect from a Proto. Fit and finish is excellent. I really like the size and shape, not to mention the blade profile. Also like the square button. IMO this is where all fire buttons should be. The safety is really cool the way it is inset. I also really like the fulcrum release. All these features make for really nice and unique knife. Also pictured is a size comparison. Flanked by 2 11" AGA Wasp Bodies. "La Vespa"
Thom

whippersnapper

Re: Black Widow N2

Post by whippersnapper »

A beauty!
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Stunning knife thom.

Love the shape,blade grind bolsters and everything about it ,plus the horn is beautiful.
The group shots are to die for also ,thanks for sharing them.

Great knives and you did well snagging that proto 2 black widow.......Congrats mate.

Great Score
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Wow Thom, really cool! I love the way prototype is written prototipo. It's a really unique design. Those 2 wasp body pieces for size comparison are no small pieces and that Black Widow makes them look small. What a handful! I'll be interested to see the production run. Really nice Thom!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
thom

Post by thom »

Thanks guys, fire as well as it looks. Sounds like slamming the door on a Mercedes. Nice thunk, thanks to the 5 mm blade/spring and the heft.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Really nice group!
2024 candidate for president
thom

Post by thom »

The 2 thinner Wasp Bodies have been customized, engraved spine, file worked liners and rescaled. One French tip, the other black horn. Two of my favorites.
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

Those are awesome. Who made those?
portlandmike

Post by portlandmike »

Damn Thom .. those are amazing !
thom

Post by thom »

AIK did the engraving, file work and rescale on both the thinner Wasp's. I then had PLP rescale again in the French Tip.
Corvus

Post by Corvus »

Great score, Thom! I wondered what happened to the other two protos (3Knives offered two that I'm aware of; one in stag; one in horn with pearl dot inlays).

It's an interesting design that's obviously trying to check all the boxes. Can't wait to get one when they hit the shelves in Fall (or who knows...).
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Thom had briefly discussed what I thought was a great idea, that Angelo should have done the Mother of Pearl inlay as the hour-glass shape that a Black Widow spider has. That would have beat those 3 circles of pearl for sure!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
JayAK80

Post by JayAK80 »

Wow that is a beauty for sure! What a great score!
picklocksrock

Post by picklocksrock »

Wow that is definitely a truly amazing prototype of the exceptional Black Widow! I loooove these new Black Widow knives they are just awesome knives!
“Tough times never last, but tough people do”
-Robert H. Shuller