Here are those knives from that auction that were all unique.

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
kugr

Here are those knives from that auction that were all unique.

Post by kugr »

You know... the one where I accidentally bid 7500 instead of 75.00. I was curious about a couple, and you can't satisfy curiousity through a picture...
The green one is interesting, it's some sort of chinese military style knife. The blade retracts into the handle via the bar on the top of the sheath, that same bar also extends the blade...
The button one, with lots of homemade dremel engraving, the button/lever is reversed, you can see the sear hole towards the tip of the blade.
The KA-lok.... opened it, felt like a dummy that I couldn't close it. Thank you google. It's a scale lock, push one side down. God I was dumb...

Some of the others just seem old.... lol none of them really fit my collection, hint hint.

Looking for those un-repairable, lost cause stilettos.
thom

Re: Here are those knives from that auction that were all unique.

Post by thom »

All in all, I think you made out OK. Interesting lot, that's for sure.
kugr

Post by kugr »

I do agree, they are all unique. If anyone wants more pictures of a specific knife, I will gladly take some when I'm back in town. Oh, side note, the brass paratrooper knife is all covered nazi bullcrap, don't know if its original, or a repro.
I rushed the pics on these... lol
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

There were never German (or any other!) "paratrooper" knives like that.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
picklocksrock

Post by picklocksrock »

Those are so interesting, they look cool!
“Tough times never last, but tough people do”
-Robert H. Shuller
kugr

Post by kugr »

Bill DeShivs wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 3:39 am There were never German (or any other!) "paratrooper" knives like that.
Thank you for the info! I don't know squat about true military/war era knives other than what is in the movies (mostly incorrect also).... they really never appealed to me, so I figured I wouldn't really study up on them.
I'm guessing these "german paratrooper" knives were more novelty marketing than anything else.
Billyfish

Post by Billyfish »

They have been making those 'german paratrooper' knives for a very long time. I remember a kid in my dorm at school had one 50+ years ago.

Yes, I am older than dirt.