Omega Import Co. 7"

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JulesVane

Re: Omega Import Co. 7"

Post by JulesVane »

Thanks again. So, only one year with that very long stamp (lol), and four years with this stamp and THIS stamp is harder to find? Certainly seems they had time to import more of this stamp. Is it that collectors are just holding onto them?

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Maltese flatguard

Post by Maltese flatguard »

More like two years with the long stamp and then three years with the shorter. It really just depends on how many were ordered and when. If laws were being passed by 1952 there certainly could have been a slowing down of orders and not like when they first started. It’s hard to say unless more records surface one day.

If by June of 1952 they were being outlawed to anyone under 16 that would have been a hit in the market right there so I’m sure orders were down all around.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Thank you! I certainly appreciate your knowledge and taking the time to post it here.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Lucentcrow

Post by Lucentcrow »

That’s fantastic I’ve found you, great to actually find lots of good examples to look at and trust me I’ve searched ha ha cheers mate

Joe
fastr19

Post by fastr19 »

omega stamp.jpg
omega stamp.jpg (76.36 KiB) Viewed 2052 times
One of the old stamps. Some of these were lengthwise and some not.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

What a wonderful stamp, and certainly one of the "longest" I've ever seen! This was the original Omega stamp?

fastr19

Post by fastr19 »

JulesVane wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 4:42 pm What a wonderful stamp, and certainly one of the "longest" I've ever seen! This was the original Omega stamp?
I think so.
picklocksrock

Post by picklocksrock »

That’s an awesome picklock you have! Definitely has a lot of character and I like the overall design. 😎
“Tough times never last, but tough people do”
-Robert H. Shuller
Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

Lovely knife
Fishtail Picklock