A Sweet Pair Of 13" AGA Swinguards

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
barshoo

A Sweet Pair Of 13" AGA Swinguards

Post by barshoo »

Here are a couple of good-looking AGA Campolin 13" Swinguards, one in Snakewood and the other in a wood stained blue. The blue one has an oval shaped button AND safety switch! Both of these are from Robert Denisi's collection. I made time to polish these two with the jewelry wipes, but not as much as I typically rub a knife down...

I will push your buttons--please pass me your switchblades first.
JulesVane

Re: A Sweet Pair Of 13" AGA Swinguards

Post by JulesVane »

Beautiful Barb, both of them! Now, is the only difference between these and the batwings is the guards? Identical in every other way?

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

JulesVane wrote:Beautiful Barb, both of them! Now, is the only difference between these and the batwings is the guards? Identical in every other way?
They are the same body shape...the 13" Bat has the different guards and NO safety switch. There is something mechanically with the Bats. If the guards become loose to certain extent, the knife ceases to function properly...it will not fire completely, not to lock-up, anyway! I have another one that I sent to Bill DeShivs, thinking that it needed a new spring. That is how I came across that knowledge. Now, it could very well be that the same is true for the 13" "regular" Swinguards...I have have just not had one with loose guards (I have 3 others). I sure would like to hear from someone who has had a 13" regular Swinguard with loose guards that stopped functioning!
picklocksrock

Post by picklocksrock »

Yes I had one just like that about 5 years ago. From my first knife collection that was sold years ago. The guards were very loose and it wouldn’t open all the way. The company I got it from was nice though and they refunded my money.
“Tough times never last, but tough people do”
-Robert H. Shuller
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

Thank you, Picklocksrock! That confirms what I thought, and needed to know! So, now we know that if a 13" AGA Campolin won't fire all the way, it is a simple fix of tightening the guards. I have Bill DeShivs do it. He's very reasonable and affordable, plus you know that they are in the most capable hands.