My new baby

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
StilettoGR

My new baby

Post by StilettoGR »

Recently i was on the island of creta and there is one man that still make our traditional knife 100% handmade and forget in his workshop amazing job,details, defective and materials...those knifes has poems in the blade because very often ised as a gift from and for everyone here.
These man tell me when i buy it:my son this is made for hard use not as a collection piece as many people do so i did a paper cut test omg omg i didn't expect that...how sharp this is it make buck,sog looks like toys.
Attachments
20190412_114047.jpg (855.68 KiB) Viewed 2552 times
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Re: My new baby

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

what a beauty!
picklocksrock

Post by picklocksrock »

Beautiful knife!
“Tough times never last, but tough people do”
-Robert H. Shuller
StilettoGR

Post by StilettoGR »

The handle are made from the horns of an animal that lives only in island of Crete and named kri-kri.
The poem on the blade says:i gift this to a brave man wearing this on his belt so remember me for ever.
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

StillettoGR

I love these knives. 8)

I am sure I have heard them being given as wedding gifts on Crete aswell..

I have seen a few older examples for sale and often wondered how good the craftsmanship was on them ,so thanks for showing the fine example you have and the write up.

Beautiful handmade knife.

gravknife
StilettoGR

Post by StilettoGR »

Yes thats true for weeding or friendship or brothers,father to sun...bla bla bla...
These specific maker called "armenis" do really great job because a good handmade knife in crete is very rare because of the turism all of them sell crapy things from china.
These maker is very good this knife cost me about 50€ and to be honest i was expecting more....i find a video in youtube of these maker

https://youtu.be/rj1r0Iz6qwE
Luke_of_Mass

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

Wow very cool story you should transcribe the poem, I'm super curious about that! This was on Crete?

I wonder if you will decide to use it like the maker recommended? or keep it in a case? I'd be quite torn after such a suggestion for a gem like this...

In any case... great score! Knives become 100% more special when there's a cool story behind them.

Luke
Knee-deep in the hoopla...
StilettoGR

Post by StilettoGR »

Thanks my friend to be honest I don't attend to use it but i have it always on my jacket or edc bag because every day i do something with that...yes most of knives in my collection has a story behind god or no...but i respect and treat them very gently.