Walt's Flatguards

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
thom

Walt's Flatguards

Post by thom »

Here are some of Walt's flatguards. The first one pictured is a 5mm spring, B/W horn. The second was Walt's first flatguards produced, dark horn. The third is a custom Walt's flatguard with French tip horn.
Thom
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Re: Walt's Flatguards

Post by natcherly »

Got some really nice ones there. Love the horn on #3. I have three WFG's, all from the first run. They were groundbreaking, inspired as they were by the TSF forum picklocks, the first such knives made in Maniago in some 45 years. These are some of Frank B's best knives.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Absolutely gorgeous Thom! Is the top/first stamped Latama over ITALY without Walt's Cat logo? The second stamp is interesting as well: 'Walt's Flat Guard"....Really nice! You've got one Hell of a great collection of Walt's Thom!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

I built the first one, and Tank did the third one in the pictures.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
ljerr2

Post by ljerr2 »

gorgeous for sure!!
thom

Post by thom »

Look familiar?
thom

Post by thom »

JV, Yes the first one is stamped Latama over Italy. Bill did an outstanding build. Tight lock up, hard snap, no gaps, no warping, no peeking, sits dead center and deep. Scales are gorgeous. As good/better than any custom. Great job Bill.
Bill, Did Walt have you build that for him? Did you or anyone else build other 5mm's for Walt?
Thanks,
Thom
Corvus

Post by Corvus »

Those are beautiful, Thom. The build quality appears consistently excellent on every one of these I've seen, and they've all been straight as an arrow, which really checks a high-priority box for me. I have a blonde one with Frank B's stamp and it's one of my favorite modern picklocks. The spring is perfectly tuned; not too hot; not too cold; juuuust right.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Tank and I both do work on the Walt's knives.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Those are some beautiful looking Knives thom 8)

They all look perfect and I especially love the horn on that custom. 8)

Cheers for the pictures .

gravkn8fe
thom

Post by thom »

Thanks, Three of my favorites.
Thom