New addition, Wandy...

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
kugr

New addition, Wandy...

Post by kugr »

This might need to go to a professional. I'm still in my "screw up alot" phase of my learning to restore phase. It has a broken spring.

Looking for those un-repairable, lost cause stilettos.
sammy the blade

Re: New addition, Wandy...

Post by sammy the blade »

There is a link on Bills web site that might help you out. Thinking it's knife 101.
2024 candidate for president
kugr

Post by kugr »

I frequent that site, along with all the help here. I will have more confidence after I get feedback from my Rizzy restoration. Then I might venture into a restoration of something more precious.
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

Springs aren't too hard but I think that has a one-piece spring so there is the added complication of having to clear out the area for the new spring. Sometimes you can just cut a slot for a regular spring but on some of them you need to carve a dovetail area and then make a more complicated spring.

If you are serious about working on knives, I would suggest you just set that aside for the time being and come back to it later.
kugr

Post by kugr »

Yeah, I'm not going near this one yet... maybe after I get 10-15 "restores" under my belt, I might look at it, then put it back, and wait longer. Haha
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

You should be able to do this one before that. The only thing you will need to have a little practice with is taking the backspring and bottom pins out so you don't do too much damage to the bolster or scale.