New addition, J (zoppis?)

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
kugr

New addition, J (zoppis?)

Post by kugr »

Here's another one.

Looking for those un-repairable, lost cause stilettos.
JimBrown257

Re: New addition, J (zoppis?)

Post by JimBrown257 »

When you are ready to try it you should line those bolsters. You just need a .015" sheet of brass and that Stay Brite solder. It is a fairly simple thing to do and makes a huge difference on these knives.
kugr

Post by kugr »

See, was excited I had something to add to my collection I didnt even notice that. Is that something normal? No brass behind the bolsters.
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

Once they started making what we call modern stilettos, they pretty much stopped having the back liner go all the way to the guards and having the swivel bolster lined (some still have the full lining but the vast majority do not). But you can still do it. Once you've seen the difference, it is hard to leave any bolster unlined. Of course, a change like that isn't something you'd want to do on an older knife but because it is a modern knife, it is not an issue.
kugr

Post by kugr »

I see what you mean, I put this next to the Wandy. Once I had the side by side, the difference stood out like a deer in headlights.
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

The lined bolsters are a good thing to look for in pics when you are trying to figure out if it is a newer or older knife.