New From A.G.A. Campolin

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JulesVane

New From A.G.A. Campolin

Post by JulesVane »

Hi all...Here's my new "Gun/Knife/Letter Opener" from A.G.A. Campolin. Limited run of 200 (100 in Brazilian Horn/ 100 in Cocobolo). 6.57" open- 2.87"/3mm blade. 6.1 oz. Aircraft anodized aluminum body- 440c steel blade. Brazilian Horn inlays. This one is Serial #004. Leaf spring fired. Pretty cool collectible novelty piece!

Cocobolo version added 2/4/2019

Last edited by JulesVane on Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
sammy the blade

Re: New From A.G.A. Campolin

Post by sammy the blade »

Did you get it in the states or across the big pond?
2024 candidate for president
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

sammy the blade wrote:Did you get it in the states or across the big pond?
Hi Sammy, Angelo sent it from Austria. I think it took 6 days including the weekend. Pretty fast one!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Corvus

Post by Corvus »

I can't decide whether to laugh at the absurdity of the thing or to buy one. Maybe both! :|
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Corvus wrote:I can't decide whether to laugh at the absurdity of the thing or to buy one. Maybe both! :|
LMAO! I understand Rick. I WAS going to hold off in hopes of finding one of the following, but figured this modern would open those nasty envelopes just fine lol...

gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Great Gunknife Chris !

Love the older types aswell , but they dont often come up for sale.Only seen a couple in my searching history in Europe.
Talk to Lance if you get time ....he has an excellent collection of these if I remember correctly.

Thanks for sharing it .

gravknife
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Thank you as always for your kind words and thoughts Ian. As with many of my blade picture posts as of late, this one has also went over like a lead balloon lol. I thank you for always stopping by, it's appreciated very much. Hope you're well Ian.

kugr

Post by kugr »

Oh, that is a beautiful piece, thinking about one myself

Edit-took out a link that went to something that I thought would fit in this conversation, after looking at it again, I was wrong.
Looking for those un-repairable, lost cause stilettos.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Post it anyway, we like links.
2024 candidate for president
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Chris

I am glad you take the time to post your new additions and about newer knives that are available,that's what forums like this one are about,sharing pictures and opinions on new and old knives for people now and for the future collectors .

Keep posting and reminding us of the great knives that are out there...pictures like yours and from others are my only switchblade fix at the moment so keep them coming.

Take Care mate.

Ian
portlandmike

Post by portlandmike »

that is really cool... I had no idea they were making those again.. Please keep posting your knife finds Chris. They are one of my favorite reads on this forum and I doubt I'm the only one...

Mike
TazmanTom

Post by TazmanTom »

PM sent.
Corvus

Post by Corvus »

AZCK has a beautiful oldie, claimed to be from the '40s. Pretty cool, but very pricey.

https://www.arizonacustomknives.com/sho ... 79394.html
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Thanks for posting that Rick. "un-known maker", what a shame. Looks like it got a custom paint job(?).

Corvus

Post by Corvus »

Looks like thin layers of horn and celluloid to me. Almost has an Art Deco look to it.